2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:17:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 84030 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.

Why don't you like Lugar losing?  Guy's a creep and wants to be in office for 42 years.

I find Lugar to be much better on foreign policy than Murdock and the great majority of Republicans in Congress, and has an impressive record in that area.  Also, I like his nonreactionary approach to immigration and other issues.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the view that he's just spent too long in office. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

VA GOP Senate Primary: Allen 65.4, Radtke 23.1, Marshall 6.8, Jackson 4.8
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/08/13/northeast-gop-hopeless-choices-linda-mcmahon-chris-shays/
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/13/chris-shays-last-stand-the-gop-passes-on-a-connecticut-moderate.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

hoping for an upset tomorrow.  I disagree with Shays on a number of issues, but he's a thoughtful, sensible guy, - and stands a chance of at least being competitive in the general.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »

After the past 12 years of watching the Senate... do we really care who has 51 seats? So Mitch McConnell will have some chairmanships...as long as the Dems have 40 seats, and Harry Reid employs scorched earth fillibuster tactics, does it really matter?

Yes, the future of the Affordable Healthcare and Patient Protection Act depends on it.
Otherwise, not really.

If only.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies