2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:26:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 83728 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.

Why don't you like Lugar losing?  Guy's a creep and wants to be in office for 42 years.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.

Why don't you like Lugar losing?  Guy's a creep and wants to be in office for 42 years.
Please tell me, how is Richard Lugar a "creep"? You apparently don't know too much about him, or don't know what a "creep" actually is.

Anyone who wants to be a politician for 54+ years is by definition a creep, especially if they've devoted their entire political career to their desire to have the government control every aspect of everyone's lives.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »

I find Lugar to be much better on foreign policy than Murdock and the great majority of Republicans in Congress, and has an impressive record in that area.  Also, I like his nonreactionary approach to immigration and other issues.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the view that he's just spent too long in office. 

Dude was a neocon before being a neocon was cool, and has supported every single foreign intervention since the beginning of his tenure.  There is absolutely nothing redeeming about his foreign policy record except being a moderate hero for 1 day(!) on Iraq in 2007 before issuing a press release "explaining" himself.  He's also one of the most consistent enemies of civil liberties in congress, including the one issue Republicans are generally good on, gun rights.  Frankly, I don't care if Mourdock is good or bad.  It's not like he could possibly be noticeably worse, and it's easier to get rid of a recently-elected incumbent than a long-term one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies