Has this Republican primary season been entertaining, embarrassing, or both? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Has this Republican primary season been entertaining, embarrassing, or both? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Has this Republican primary season been entertaining, embarrassing, or both?
Entertaining (D)

Embarrassing (D)

Both (D)

Entertaining (R)

Embarrassing (R)

Both (R)

Entertaining (I)

Embarrassing (I)

Both (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Has this Republican primary season been entertaining, embarrassing, or both?  (Read 1597 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »

No worse than 2008 (D), possibly better.  Remember how bad that was and how it went on for ever and ever.  The result ended up being good.

I'm sorry, but this is complete and utter rubbish.

Despite some bitterness, Obama and Clinton were pretty much line-ball on issues and what they were doing was hardly isolating to Independent voters... this GOP nomination race is doing nothing but airing all of this extreme right-wing policies... and unlike the Dem race when there was some very left-wing stuff floating around... the candidates didn't publicly embrace them.

In 2008 the race unarguably made Obama and Clinton better candidates (mind you it was too late for Clinton) - each week makes Romney look weaker and weaker and his campaign is not responding.

In order to appeal to this bats*** GOP base, they've pushed themselves so far to the right and scrambling back to the centre is going to be incredibly hard.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »

No worse than 2008 (D), possibly better.  Remember how bad that was and how it went on for ever and ever.  The result ended up being good.

Now your just being a partisan hack.

This isn't even comparable to 2008.

Yes, 2008 wasn't over until June.  This is March

No worse than 2008 (D), possibly better.  Remember how bad that was and how it went on for ever and ever.  The result ended up being good.

I'm sorry, but this is complete and utter rubbish.

Despite some bitterness, Obama and Clinton were pretty much line-ball on issues and what they were doing was hardly isolating to Independent voters... this GOP nomination race is doing nothing but airing all of this extreme right-wing policies... and unlike the Dem race when there was some very left-wing stuff floating around... the candidates didn't publicly embrace them.

In 2008 the race unarguably made Obama and Clinton better candidates (mind you it was too late for Clinton) - each week makes Romney look weaker and weaker and his campaign is not responding.

Jemimah Wright?  Clinging to God and guns?  Punished for having a baby?  The three AM phone call?  Are you serious?

In comparison to the self-immolation of this GOP primary... I'm very serious.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:42 PM »

I'm not talking about the viciousness... or anything like that.

But the positions they are being forced to take are going to have serious implications.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies