Changes in 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Changes in 2004
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changes in 2004  (Read 2064 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2003, 06:19:02 PM »

That is, which state is most likely to go to Gore to Bush or from Bush to the Dem candidate.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 06:29:11 PM »

Any of these states could. It was hard for me to make my vote. But if Dean is the Nominee, I think New Hampshire will probably go Dem.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 07:09:57 PM »

That might Happen NH Goes to the Democarts in 04 it will be a close Race
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 08:03:14 PM »

New Mexico is a mortal lock to switch to bush.  The rest of the states cited are toss-ups.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 04:13:11 AM »

I don't see how New Mexico could be considered a lock to go Bush. If anything it seems to be trending more Democratic with the election of a Dem governor in 2002. The only way Bush will win New Mexico is if he is able to significantly increase his share of the Hispanic vote.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 04:37:20 AM »

After the repeal of the Tariffs? West Virginia.
John

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 12:39:55 PM »

I Hope Iowa goes Gop next Year Beacuse i am a Republican but if that does not Happen thats ok
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 01:57:30 PM »

I Hope Iowa goes Gop next Year Beacuse i am a Republican but if that does not Happen thats ok
I assume you hope that Iowa goes GOP next year because you're an Iowa Republican, right John?

You should make your avatar into this  
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 04:07:58 PM »

After the repeal of the Tariffs? West Virginia.
And Ohio and Pennsylvania.
TomAtPitt
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 07:52:58 PM »

I'd think because of Social Issues and the fate of the war, Bush still has a chance in WV.

I think New Mexico is likely to go over to Bush because the Democratic candidates seem to be trending towards protectionism. New Mexico being on our Southern border benefits greatly by NAFTA and free trade with Mexico, and so is likely to turn over to Bush.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 01:23:04 AM »

I don't know that you can read too much into steel tariffs.  It'll hurt him there slightly, but ultimately repealing the tariffs is going to be better for the overall economy.  And if the economy is good Pennsylvania and West Virginia will probably vote Bush anyway.  Repealing the steel tariffs may end up helping Bush in a roundabout kind of way.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 04:53:03 AM »

I don't know that you can read too much into steel tariffs.  It'll hurt him there slightly, but ultimately repealing the tariffs is going to be better for the overall economy.  And if the economy is good Pennsylvania and West Virginia will probably vote Bush anyway.  Repealing the steel tariffs may end up helping Bush in a roundabout kind of way.

Slightly, SLIGHTLY???
In 2000 Bush won WV because he did very well in the Wheeling panhandle, and he is NOT going to be able to repeat that.
If you really are stupid enough to belive that repealing the tariffs is somehow going to help Dubya in PA, OH and WV you are blinded by your own party affiliation.
The only reason Bush repealed the Tariffs is because the E.U had threatend to put HUGE tariffs on textiles.
If that had happend he would have lost the Carolina's and his whole plan would have been in tatters.
CTguy

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 10:50:35 PM »

It's funny, how a few months ago, nobody said Ohio would switch.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 10:55:22 PM »

I assume you hope that Iowa goes GOP next year because you're an Iowa Republican, right John?

You should make your avatar into this  

John,
It is up to you.   Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 11:22:10 PM »

Slightly, SLIGHTLY???
In 2000 Bush won WV because he did very well in the Wheeling panhandle, and he is NOT going to be able to repeat that.
If you really are stupid enough to belive that repealing the tariffs is somehow going to help Dubya in PA, OH and WV you are blinded by your own party affiliation.
The only reason Bush repealed the Tariffs is because the E.U had threatend to put HUGE tariffs on textiles.
If that had happend he would have lost the Carolina's and his whole plan would have been in tatters.

Textiles are virtually nonexsistant as an industry in the US anway.  I think you exaggerrate the influence of those tarriffs on voters..  even in OH, and PA that type of old fashioned industrial work is rare.  Maybe in WV..
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 01:05:37 AM »

The importance of industrial work can not be measured purely in the number of people it employs.
There's lots of towns that don't really serve a purpose except serving that factory. All the people employed in services there are effectively dependent on the industrial employment. What's more, these guys are often MORE likely to base their voting decision on such concerns than the actual workers themselves.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies