Catholic school fires teacher for planning same-sex wedding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:24:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Catholic school fires teacher for planning same-sex wedding (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholic school fires teacher for planning same-sex wedding  (Read 5533 times)
NY Jew

« on: March 02, 2012, 06:01:29 AM »

are you sure your not a member of the KKK (in around an hour you proved yourself to be an anti Semite and anti Catholic next comes your attacking blacks?)
NY Jew

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:17:55 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2012, 06:26:17 AM by NY Jew »

so let me get this straight for all you anti Catholics
it's moral for NY state to fire Town Clerks for following the religion and refusing to "marry" 2 people of the same sex despite the fact there supposedly is freedom of religion in this country.

but it' immoral for a religious school to fire someone for doing something that is sacrilegious in that religion.

I'll bet you'll all feel differently if it was a Muslim school.

In short religious schools need to legally be allowed to hire and fire teachers (even secular ones) based on their religious tenants or else there is no freedom of religion in this country.

if theoretically this went to court and the music teacher won the case the US might have even surpassed Czarist Russia in lack of freedom of religion.  Thank God the supreme court recently decided that religious schools have the legal right to fire whoever they want before this story broke.
NY Jew

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 10:48:08 PM by NY Jew »

I'll bet you'll all feel differently if it was a Muslim school.

I bet you would.
No I wouldn't, any religious institution needs to be allowed to fire anyone they want for religious reasons. 
NY Jew

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 10:41:14 PM by NY Jew »

are you sure your not a member of the KKK (in around an hour you proved yourself to be an anti Semite and anti Catholic next comes your attacking blacks?)
Uh, you know the KKK aren't too fond of gays either...

I was referring to the KKK in there un-"glory" years (in terms of members) , when there was no such thing as a special group status for deviants.

Since I voted for a black for President in 2008 and will this year as well I think it's safe to say you won't see me attacking blacks anytime soon, I've voted for other blacks and have also voted for Catholics and Jews. Your standards for anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic are pretty comical.
you mean Catholics and Jews who follow the tenants of Catholicism and Judaism.

and voting for a jew doesn't prove your not an antisemite.
Leon Blum was the prime minister of France and a few years later most of France proved they still were a bunch of anti semites.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies