Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:04:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: ....
Israelis

Palestinians

Neutral

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?  (Read 9276 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »

Undecided, lean Palestine.
The Israeli's. I'm usually against reverse discrimination but in the case of the Jews its justified in order to stop another holocaust or anti-Semitic reign of terror. Its not like non-Jews don't have the other 99% of Arabia to share with their Islamic brothers.
Thats propaganda. If anyone has committed any atrocities (recently speaking), its Israel. The Palestinians are in no condition to commit such crimes, as they lack the population and wealth.

Israel has always been the side that has acted with the greatest civility, the greatest sense. They have tried everything go get peace. They are a secular, free, democratic republic with high levels of prosperity. They deserve the support of the first world.
Yes, they are a rich democracy. Lets support them and look the other way on the USS Liberty Incident, the Gaza flotilla, and the fact that it is illegal for Christians to do any proselytizing. Yes, Israel land of the free!
Sanchez, it's nice seeing another sensible conservative on this forum. However you neglected to mention them being caught spying on the us multiple times, their vicious ad campaign against american jews or their recent insult of our President for DARING to ask the same thing every other President has. The US "special relationship" with Israel is an abusive one. They need to be kicked to the curb before they waste more of the taxpayer's money and drag us into yet another bogus war.
If my Congressman had his way (Allen West BTW), you would be jailed for challenging Israel Tongue
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

Neither, they're both as bad as each other. Make a two-state solution and make it more policed than it currently is. The current war has gone on 60 years too long.

I have a little more sympathy for the Palestinians though.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »

I may be a little fuzzy on my history, but IIRC, land was promised to both Israel and Palestine by Britain after WWI (I think it was WWI) but the only reason Israel got the land was because Europe sympathized the Jews after WWII. Therefore, it is my belief that there should be a two-state solution though peaceful means.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:51 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:18 PM »

I may be a little fuzzy on my history, but IIRC, land was promised to both Israel and Palestine by Britain after WWI (I think it was WWI) but the only reason Israel got the land was because Europe sympathized the Jews after WWII. Therefore, it is my belief that there should be a two-state solution though peaceful means.

You are fuzzy.

Problem is, that in addition to the Arabs who want to extinguish the State of Israel, there are also Zionists who want to implement the original version of the two-state solution in which British Palestine was divided into an Arab Transjordan and a Jewish Cisjordan.

This is a side effect of the promises the Allies made to everyone while trying to win the Great War.  They made all sort of promises, a few of which they even kept.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 11:30:52 PM »

Both sides have acted like asses in the conflict but if forced to choose a side I suppose I am moderately pro-Palestine.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »

uhhh, Arabs got land too.  Then they (Palestinians and their Arab "friends") promptly tried to remove their new neighbors.  And lost.  Waited a few years and tried again.  And lost again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 01:54:05 AM »

Pretty much yes. But I voted Palestinians just because Zionism is easily one of the most f**king stupid ideologies that has ever existed in the history of mankind (OMG OUR ANCESTORS LIVED HERE THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, THIS IS OUR LAND!!!!!!!111!!!!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 03:51:25 AM »

If my Congressman had his way (Allen West BTW), you would be jailed for challenging Israel Tongue

Try to spent at least one day without making a reference to Allen West, please.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:04 AM »

It's not a meaningful question, but of course my sympathies lie with the victims and my coreligionists.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »

One of the arguments for the German Lebensraum policy, was that Germanic tribes had lived in much of eastern Europe before the Slavish expansion as such the land belonged to the German nation. That turned out badly for everybody. As such I don't like the argument that ones ancestors has lived in a area centuries or milleniums ago gives you a right to ethnic cleanse the local population and take their land.
As for pure practical corcern I support a two state solution, which need to leave Palestinia a viable state (as much as a state split in two exclaves can be viable). As such I'm open to that the borders do not follow the 1967 border.

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »

I support a three state solution for the record - Egypt should annex the Gaza Strip and Jordan should get the West Bank. Oh, and Golan should be returned to the Syrians.

Ah intresting, I thought I was the only one who favoured that solution.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:20 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 08:04:07 AM by General Buck Turgidson »

When I'm in a mean attitude I tend to support the forced relocation of both the Israeli and the Palestinian populations to different continents. Because it would be the fair and just thing to do.

When I'm not I simply don't care anymore.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 08:03:10 AM »

I support a three state solution for the record - Egypt should annex the Gaza Strip and Jordan should get the West Bank. Oh, and Golan should be returned to the Syrians.

Ah intresting, I thought I was the only one who favoured that solution.

And I thought I was the only one who did! Hooray! Tongue

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »

I've mentioned a three state solution at least a half dozen times (if not a full dozen) around here.  Occasionally it gets poopoo'd, mostly it's ignored.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »

I've mentioned a three state solution at least a half dozen times (if not a full dozen) around here.  Occasionally it gets poopoo'd, mostly it's ignored.

Hmm. I think it'd be the best way of ensuring a good standard of living for the Palestinian people, plus it would place two powers that have peace treaties with Israel in control of those areas.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »

I was looking for past comments of mine on the subject (of course they are all in 30 page threads..le sigh...and just three of them) and found this gem....

Glad to hear it.

Do you believe that rocket attacks on Israeli towns are justified?

If they are beyond the Green Line, yes.
eeeegads man
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »

I support peace. I know that that would be very difficult to achieve, but the words and actions of both sides would make actually supporting either of them something beyond the pale.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »

What I favour, above all else, is less utterly stupid discussions on the internet about the topic. It's an extremely complicated situation involving several extremely complicated societies and without any obvious solutions, not a bloody football game.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »

Hmm. I think it'd be the best way of ensuring a good standard of living for the Palestinian people, plus it would place two powers that have peace treaties with Israel in control of those areas.

Not in Israel's long term interests.  Israel needs to keep the Arabs divided.  If the Arabs ever reunite under a second Saladin, then the days of the State of Israel are numbered.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »

Egypt certainly has no desire to take the Gaza Strip.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »

And Jordan doesn't want the West Bank.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »

And Jordan doesn't want the West Bank.

King Hussein renounced his claims to the West Bank in favor of the "future Palestinian state".

And Palestinians wants their own state. Not to be a part of Egypt or Jordan.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

I'm just saying what would work best, not what people want. The Palestinian desire for a state really is a bit silly though considering Jordan is practically a Palestinian state as is, and any independent "Palestine" would be much poorer.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »

Israel. Also, I agree with Windis' post above me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies