Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:13:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Israelis

Palestinians

Neutral

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?  (Read 9353 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: March 03, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »

What I favour, above all else, is less utterly stupid discussions on the internet about the topic. It's an extremely complicated situation involving several extremely complicated societies and without any obvious solutions, not a bloody football game.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »

If I was feeling mindlessly mischievous, I probably ask whether that means that Turkey (as the successor to the Ottoman Empire and all that) should have had the final decision.

Slightly (?) more seriously, it's obviously silly to attempt to 'justify' anything based on waving conflicting pieces of paper around. The 'justification' for Israel is its existence, the 'justification' for some kind of functioning Palestinian state is the existence of the Palestinian people. Which is also why internet discussions of the general issue tend to be so utterly depressing, because this is not generally appreciated...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:43:01 AM »

I supported the peace process, the Israeli Labour party, the PLO, and the Camp David talks. In other words, my position is the absurd, the pathetic, the defeated.

Ah, I see what you did there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies