Shouldn't limited govt work and mostly private sector work be a disadvantage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:03:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Shouldn't limited govt work and mostly private sector work be a disadvantage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shouldn't limited govt work and mostly private sector work be a disadvantage?  (Read 3218 times)
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« on: March 03, 2012, 07:51:36 PM »

No because outside of the party, there is the real world where not everything is based on or revolves around government. I'm sick of hearing how government experience is a plus. Run the government and the country like a successful business and we'll do fine. Forget the leftwing talking points and just balance the budget and cut taxes even if it means cutting a few services. Unfortunately since FDR we've had the mentality on the left about how having government services is important but it has been overstated in order to make people dependent on the democratic party. Obama doesn't understand economic, have a clue how supply and demand works, and has never held a job in his life. Now he wants to tell my doctor what's what? This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't treat our government and budget like a business. If a business goes under from bad decision making, so should the ruling class or in this case democrats.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

No because outside of the party, there is the real world where not everything is based on or revolves around government. I'm sick of hearing how government experience is a plus. Run the government and the country like a successful business and we'll do fine. Forget the leftwing talking points and just balance the budget and cut taxes even if it means cutting a few services. Unfortunately since FDR we've had the mentality on the left about how having government services is important but it has been overstated in order to make people dependent on the democratic party. Obama doesn't understand economic, have a clue how supply and demand works, and has never held a job in his life. Now he wants to tell my doctor what's what? This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't treat our government and budget like a business. If a business goes under from bad decision making, so should the ruling class or in this case democrats.

When a business cracks, it's usually closed and dug the owner onto debts; or else someone buy it for a cheap amount.  This seems to me pretty similar to what happened in 2008.
That's just one of the myriad of reasons government should not be managed like business. The main reality of business is throwing yourself into risk and battle to not make wrong moves nor be affected by a contingency problem, or you're doomed. I really can't believe that people wants this to actually happen to their country.

BTW, good luck in not selling it to China.

Have you seen public sector pensions? They are exorbitant and funded by taxpayers who have no hope of seeing similar plans. How is this fair?

Shouldn't the unfair part be the low private sector pensions, rather than the ones on public sector?

Yes and successful businesses don't crash or go under. Ok you got me, don't run our country like a business, run it like a successful business. Run it like McDonalds rather than General Motors. The right kind of leaders will have to get into the White House who have this experience and know how to cut costs and save money. I know it's hard to accept that free hand outs won't be available but it's honestly the only way to govern a nation and not be in debt. Ask Greece!
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »

Pbrower is off his rocker this time. I mean, with all due respect, most of his comments on this page make the guy who suggested Breitbart was offed by the government look reasonable. How somebody can be so blinded by their blatant class envy, to the point of being filled with rage at the well-off, is beyond me. I mean, all I wanted in life was to be the star QB of an NFL team. Obviously we don't always get what we want. That does not make it reasonable for me to suggest nasty things about NFL QBs, hate them with all my might, suggest the NFL should be forbidden, etc.

Class envy is a huge problem in this country and is running rampant throughout the left. If it succeeds in this election, then I don't see our nation ever being the same.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Keynesian. Wink

Keynesian=left wing hack lol Cheesy

Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »

I'm liking this thead and its discussion about free market and business skill. Above success in importance is a fundamental understanding and appreciation for the free market. Business skill though is a quality trait though as it suggests skill when making deals on the budget and other necesssities needed for the Oval Office. Keep it going!
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »

I agree with the last part brower said. I'm a fan of term limits but I don't see congress ever voting themselves out of office. Maybe have 2 six-year terms in the Senate and 6 two-year terms in the house and allow them to run again after another 12 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies