Who will the Anti-Romney be on Super Tuesday? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:46:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who will the Anti-Romney be on Super Tuesday? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will the Anti-Romney be on Super Tuesday?
Newt Gingrich

Rick Santorum

Ron Paul (lol)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Who will the Anti-Romney be on Super Tuesday?  (Read 1996 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 04, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
« edited: March 04, 2012, 06:15:05 PM by Torie »

Come on, guys. The Santorum thing is over. Are you really going to leave me in agreement with JJ alone?

To be specific here, which Super Tuesday states, other than Georgia, do you expect Gingrich to get more votes than Santorum in?

Newt's talking point may be that after Tuesday, he has won more delegates so far than Rick, or they are close to even, and that in particular, on super Tuesday, Newt won more delegates than Rick. It won't take much of an uptick by Newt to make that claim, as the spreadsheet below illustrates. Right now based on the polls, and my guess in ND, and some other assumptions, Newt would be down by only about 35 delegates or so, and if he can keep Rick below 20% in Georgia, as the spreadsheet below assumes, may well even given the current status of the race, to make the claim that he won more delegates on Tuesday. So he has some reasonable chance of getting there.

Meanwhile Mittens will have an absolute majority of the delegates won so far, fattened by the fact that most of the un-pledged super delegates will go for him as well, which are not added to my totals.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »

It looks like Rick and Newt will continue to share the honors for some time. Smiley

I don't really think one gives a damn about the other really, so they don't care much if it helps Mittens.  It doesn't matter much anymore anyway if one does drop out at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies