Coburn backs Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:51:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Coburn backs Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coburn backs Romney  (Read 1184 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »

Really, dude?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/04/coburn-endorses-romney/
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »

Yeah, kiss the ring Tommy boy.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »

I thought his would've been Santorum's for sure...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »

dominos are fallinggggg
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

You've got it.

Over by end of the month, if not the end of the week.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »

Coburn being a fiscal conservative, I can well see why Coburn endorsed Romney and not Santorum.

It should be clear.
nkpatel1279
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »

Isn't Coburn Obama's Republican BFF.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:47 PM »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his.

Even with his new tax plan?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama. Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his.

Even with his new tax plan?

That's was rolled out because Mittens got nervous, which is a pity. I doubt anyone takes it seriously. But even with that, Rick's math and assumptions are still considerably more unrealistic - to say the least.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 10:42:19 PM by Torie »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama. Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.

When Obama starts saying, much less doing, one f'ing useful thing about reining in entitlements, get back to me. That swamps everything else by a huge margin. That is the single biggest factor about Obama that really engages me. The man has been AWOL! It's a disgrace in my opinion. He's putting our nation at risk on that one.

Even if taxes on "the rich" hit 100%, we still are in deep trouble unless something rather major is done. Mittens does not want to expand the military budget much if at all, he wants to keep spending about where it is (moving money around, and cutting out "waste" so he can build more boats), while Obama wants to cut it. On that one, I probably lean more towards Obama (the "waste" thing for some reason never seems to translate into saving real dollars when someone ran on getting rid of it, and then gets elected and has an opportunity to do so). But again that is rounding error relatively speaking as compared to entitlements, and in particular, medical subsidies, which are eating us alive.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Romney would spend more than any president in history despite the fact that he would lose 2016.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 11:55:24 PM by Politico »

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama.

Obama is the one running perpetual trillion dollar deficits. He has racked up more debt than every president of the 19th and 20th centuries combined. Give him four more years and he'll have racked up more debt than all presidents before him combined.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not when we're done moving every social program we can move off the books of the federal government and onto the states, where they can decide what stays and what goes. If all goes well, Medicare and Social Security will be the only federal social programs left standing after eight years of Mitt.

Mitt Romney is going to reform Washington in the vision of Adam Smith.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:32 PM »

Laissez-fairism is fortunately dead.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »

Obama is the one running perpetual trillion dollar deficits. He has racked up more debt than every president of the 19th and 20th centuries combined. Give him four more years and he'll have racked up more debt than all presidents before him combined.
No, he hasn't. Bush has still racked up more in his 8 years than Obama has.

Not when we're done moving every social program we can move off the books of the federal government and onto the states, where they can decide what stays and what goes. If all goes well, Medicare and Social Security will be the only federal social programs left standing after eight years of Mitt.[/quote]
You really think he is going to do that? LOL.
No, he isn't.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »

Umm, Bush II was a 21st Century President.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »

Umm, Bush II was a 21st Century President.

The 19th/20th century figure is also incorrect. Obama has not racked up $5.7 trillion in debt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

You've got it.

Comments like these make me feel a lot better.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »

It could make a dramatic comeback when bureaucrats cease drawing a salary. Post-war Germany and Japan were more "laissez-faire" than ever before, or after. The former Soviet Union moved towards a more market system when its economy stalled. Seems laissez faire is only tried if no option is feasible. Fortunately for Japan and Germany it worked.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:09 AM »

Romney is pretty right-wing and has gotten a lot of right-wing endorsements. Ann Coulter and Christine O'Donnell are some other extremists who endorsed him. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 01:40:07 AM »

It could make a dramatic comeback when bureaucrats cease drawing a salary. Post-war Germany and Japan were more "laissez-faire" than ever before, or after. The former Soviet Union moved towards a more market system when its economy stalled. Seems laissez faire is only tried if no option is feasible. Fortunately for Japan and Germany it worked.

Describing the postwar Japanese economic system as 'laissez-faire', considering its mercantilism and the whole amakudari phenomenon (basically, a 'revolving door' on steroids), strikes me as a bit off-base, even though it's true that the government didn't intervene particularly much in the internal market except to hand down Bismarckian dicta on a few specific benefit policies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:30 AM »

Would Adam Smith have supporting blowing $1 trillion of taxpayer money on the Iraq war?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:03 AM »

You've got it.

Comments like these make me feel a lot better.

Don't worry, it will probably be over for Santorum tomorrow.

Gingrich is rising.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »

Describing the postwar Japanese economic system as 'laissez-faire',.

I suggest you analyze the meaning of the words "more... than ever before, or after."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies