The Super Tuesday Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Super Tuesday Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 36248 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2012, 11:42:57 PM by Ron Swanson »

Mittens at the moment has 76% of the votes in Idaho. I guess that is what happens if you get all of the LDS and half the rest. Hey it rhymes! Smiley

Romney is not getting half the rest. He's receiving a third of the rest, if he's lucky.

What I posted in the wrong thread: southeastern Idaho is the bloodbath that I expected it to be. I feel sorry for anyone who lives there, even Mormons dread the idea of going to BYU-Idaho instead of BYU-Provo.  May god have mercy on the souls of those bumpkins.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:41 AM »

Why is the Idaho panhandle taking so long to report?

A good portion of it is in the Pacific Time Zone.  Perhaps that has something to do with it.

All of it is in the Pacific time zone and turnout was sky high. The caucuses only finished a hour and thirty minutes ago in Kootenai County.

Check out out that clear divide between north Idaho and the south. Why are we in the same state, again? I was expecting Romney to do really poorly up here but not this poorly. Paul is won an absolute majority in both Boundary and Latah County. Romney didn't receive one vote in Clearwater County (lol).
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2012, 10:14:28 AM by Ron Swanson »

Kootenai County still hasn't reported yet. According to the CDA Press, Santorum won the first round of balloting there with 35%, but no word on the final tally yet.

Romney came in third; the runoff was between Santorum and Paul.

Counties where Romney came in third:
Benewah
Kootenai
Idaho
Clearwater
Bonner
Boundary

Romney came in second in Shoshone because there are so few active Republicans there (Democrats regularly turnout 2 to 3 times more voters during primaries). The only people who voted for him there were Mormons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies