The Super Tuesday Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:34:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Super Tuesday Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 36558 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »

Where are people getting the Democratic primary numbers?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »

nvm I found it...Obama losing many counties in Oklahoma... Tongue

...and he's in third place in some...ouch...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »

How will Rick spin this Ohio result? Will he publicly urge Newt to drop out?

Santorum is the only candidate to not finish above 40% in any state (unless AK or ND surprises), so why should Gingrich drop out? Gingrich nearly got 50% in the second biggest state tonight...

Actually I thought Rick ran rather impressively everywhere relatively speaking - even in Georgia, where Newt's margin was pedestrian really. It was Newt who collapsed, which was TN was not that close for example. Newt was invisible in Ohio. In Mass, he got 4%.  Tongue

All we need from Newt is just enough of a performance to somehow get Mississippi and Alabama in the Romney column. If that happens, it would be the nail in the coffin. It would be nice. I do not think it is going to happen, but it looks more likely after seeing Tennessee/Oklahoma, and factoring in Newt's momentum boost from Georgia. There is a 10-20% probability whereas earlier tonight I would have put it at 5%.

Romney ain't winning Alabama or Mississippi...not happening...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »

I'm not really sure what to say about Obama's performance in the Oklahoma Democratic Primary.

If Mitt Romney ends up winning the nomination, something will have to give in Oklahoma.  Keep in mind, the Republican has won all 77 counties in both 2004 and 2008.  Looking at the results tonight, we are not that fond of Mitt Romney, but we are very disappointed in Barack Obama.  Will Mitt Romney be good enough to sweep all 77 Oklahoma counties, or will Barack Obama win a few counties?

Obama will lose every county in the state by AT LEAST 15 points...you heard it here first...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies