The Northeastern Democrat - The Northeast Region and the New HAEV (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:56:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Northeastern Democrat - The Northeast Region and the New HAEV (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Northeastern Democrat - The Northeast Region and the New HAEV  (Read 1224 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: March 05, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
« edited: March 05, 2012, 02:57:40 PM by Governor Napoleon »

The Governor has ALWAYS had the power to introduce legislation without needing an Assembly sponsor, as I have pointed out to you. Legislation by petition has also been allowed in the old constitution. Dallasfan and I did this before with the drinking age law, if you recall. The Assembly deciding on its own sovereign debate rules is not tyranny, wormy. Please explain Article V, Section xi to us Wormy.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »

Wormy could havebrought forth his concerns during the five or so days of debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »

You don't seem to understand the new SOAP or what in the constitution has or has not been changed. You should try figuring it out before speaking out as not to look foolish (unless you are deliberately being dishonest). You could have offered an amendment, the fact that your first intuition is to rant and rave speaks volumes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »

You could have tried to amend it but instead you sat back so you could whine later. You claim to care so much but didn't even try to make a single post or offer a simple amendment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2012, 11:29:09 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I've read over the bill many times.  It's simple: when a slot is open, legislation is taken to the floor.  There is nothing dictatorial about this at all.  The Speaker cannot simply throw away bills, and I find this deliberate misleading of the constituents to be in extremely poor taste.

He seems to have no constitutional knowledge, new or old, and doesn't seem to understand the SOAP he himself just voted on. I don't think the region will fall for this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

A legitimate excuse for resigning. Do you plan on resigning? Smiley

You love comparing my apples to your oranges. Go find some apples.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:53 AM »

I don't see anything wrong with a filibuster being possible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies