NE3: Constitutional Amendment [Passed Assembly] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: Constitutional Amendment [Passed Assembly] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: Constitutional Amendment [Passed Assembly]  (Read 3218 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2012, 10:09:57 PM by Senator Scott »

I'd personally favor a new budget (and tax policy) every four months.  Then all governors can have the opportunity to propose their own budgets and fiscal plans.  Monthly budgets would be hard to pass as Cincinnatus said, and would stall other legislation.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »

I'd personally favor a new budget (and tax policy) every four months.  Then all governors can have the opportunity to propose their own budgets and fiscal plans.

I think that Scott's proposal would work best.

Thanks, but Cincinnatus suggested it first, of course. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »

I would like to suggest an amendment for a Representative to propose.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

So the Governor is going to be the one calculating how much revenue the taxes bring in, is that right?

The Governor would merely be writing a tax code every four months.  That way, instead of simply passing a tax code that would last until it is presumably changed, governors can propose their own tax plan that would last throughout their term.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »

So the Governor is going to be the one calculating how much revenue the taxes bring in, is that right?

The Governor would merely be writing a tax code every four months.  That way, instead of simply passing a tax code that would last until it is presumably changed, governors can propose their own tax plan that would last throughout their term.
Then how would he be sure the budget is balanced every month?

The same way as usual, I would imagine.  But technically, we're never had a balanced budget because every tax that was on the books was repealed by some law over time.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »

The Governor would merely be writing a tax code every four months.  That way, instead of simply passing a tax code that would last until it is presumably changed, governors can propose their own tax plan that would last throughout their term.
Then how would he be sure the budget is balanced every month?

The same way as usual, I would imagine.  But technically, we're never had a balanced budget because every tax that was on the books was repealed by some law over time.

Shua's point is that he will be the one responsible for a lot of this process as GM.  Obviously, one month is out of the question for myself, and I believe GM Shua as well.  Four months is far more reasonable, but it's still Shua who will have to do a large part of the work. 

Well, how did the regional government and the GM handle the budget back when we did pass budgets?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies