What Should be done about entitlement programs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What Should be done about entitlement programs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should be done with entitlement programs?
Keep them as they are

Reform

Give entitlements for a shorter amount of time

Give the entitlement programs money back to the people

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: What Should be done about entitlement programs?  (Read 2410 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2012, 11:19:05 AM by fezzyfestoon »

He doesn't represent you? Alright I won't or at least will try not to. See it's things like that that get me going. Once I'm started I can't stop and then I turn into a fringe candidate rather than a moderate conservative.

Please also try to remember that YOU are not running for anything, you don't need to campaign against anyone. This place is a free exchange of ideas, not a national debate stage. God knows we have enough of those monstrosities.

The classical liberal is reflective of libertarian views. Throughout the last half century, the term "left" has been progressively changed to refer to modern day Democrats and I'm aware of this. Under these circumstances I can see obepo being far right and not far left. I really do see what you're saying on philosophical terms. We can use this line of thought to apply to limited government as well. Which party really supports bigger government when one advocates it on economic matters and the other on social matters? It's all about terminology at that point. I myself am very liberal in the classical sense but have no interest in modern day Democrats' agenda for the U.S. I am 27 though.

"Classical liberalism" as used today is a lazy ideology that just jams every issue into the "less government" template until it fits. That's not even an ideology, it's just a campaign contrivance. People that have ideologies before positions tend to have quite contrived political stances in general.

But anyway...I agree with Tweed in a sense. Our system is stifled and villainised on a regular basis, especially from those who need it. It's the all too common phenomenon of people buying into the nonsense spewed by those using the masses to achieve their monetary goals through politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies