2012 Major League Baseball Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2012 Major League Baseball Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Major League Baseball Discussion Thread  (Read 992 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »

The 2012 season will get underway officially on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 6:10 am EDT with the Seattle Mariners taking on the Oakland Athletics from Tokyo, Japan.  The series will continue on Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 5:10 am EDT.  Opening night is set for Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm EDT with the Defending 2011 World Champion St Louis Cardinals visiting the Miami Marlins on ESPN.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »

Go Yankees!

that is all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

Wash your mouth out with soap, now!!  You are grounded to your room for cursing!! Tongue

What you should have said was GO CARDINALS!!!!!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:14:53 PM »

AWWWWWWWW COME ON MAN GO SOX MAN COME ON I WANT TO LIKE YOU BUT YOU KEEP GIVING ME REASONS NOT TO MAN COME ON Tongue
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »

Lots of positive signs for the Angels this spring training. Trumbo's been doing alright at third and hit a massive bomb in a game today. Morales should be in games next week, and the big four haven't given up an earned run yet. Oh, and we have Pujols. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »

But you also have Vernon Wells and you don't have Mike Napoli.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »

YAWN!

6:10 am EDT?

Until and unless MLB adds a East Asia major league and a Latin American major league so that we can have four major leagues duking it out to see who wins the World Series, MLB has no business scheduling the first game of the season for such an awful time.

If MLB continues with its nutty ideas to maximize short-term revenue, I could see it falling from its spot as the number two major league to the number three within a decade or so.  Basketball is far more television friendly than baseball is and it already is the number two collegiate sport.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »

YAWN!

Until and unless MLB adds a East Asia major league and a Latin American major league so that we can have four major leagues duking it out to see who wins the World Series, MLB has no business scheduling the first game of the season for such an awful time.

If MLB continues with its nutty ideas to maximize short-term revenue, I could see it falling from its spot as the number two major league to the number three within a decade or so.  Basketball is far more television friendly than baseball is and it already is the number two collegiate sport.

That's the first morning.  The second morning is even earlier 5:10 am EDT which is 4:10 am CDT!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »

The first game is the only one that really matters.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »

AWWWWWWWW COME ON MAN GO SOX MAN COME ON I WANT TO LIKE YOU BUT YOU KEEP GIVING ME REASONS NOT TO MAN COME ON Tongue

XDDDD
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »

YAWN!

stop being a hater.  I remember sneaking a 530am alarm as a kid to watch the Mets and Cubs duke it out in the Tokyo Dome going on a dozen years ago.  Mike Hampton's awful first start as a Met and Benny Agbayani's extra-inning grand slam that saved his roster spot... if they're still doing it after all these years there must be something about it that works.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »

Well, yeah, but I think Wells will be better than last year, and if he's not, hopefully he'll be benched and Trout can play. Not having Napoli hurts, but at least we don't have Mathis anymore. That alone will give the Angels another 3-4 wins. Plus Iannetta isn't bad; his OBP is certainly nice.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »

YAWN!

stop being a hater.  I remember sneaking a 530am alarm as a kid to watch the Mets and Cubs duke it out in the Tokyo Dome going on a dozen years ago.  Mike Hampton's awful first start as a Met and Benny Agbayani's extra-inning grand slam that saved his roster spot... if they're still doing it after all these years there must be something about it that works.

Even as a young lad, Tweed was a rebel.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »

Well, yeah, but I think Wells will be better than last year, and if he's not, hopefully he'll be benched and Trout can play. Not having Napoli hurts, but at least we don't have Mathis anymore. That alone will give the Angels another 3-4 wins. Plus Iannetta isn't bad; his OBP is certainly nice.

Plus, you have, IMO, a highly underrated pitcher in CJ Wilson.  He's going to give you more wins and give you the chance to compete with Texas for the AL West.  I still consider Texas the team to beat in that division mainly because they have won it the past two years and have been the runners up in the World Series the past two years.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

With the contract Wilson got, I'm not sure who's underrating him.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

he also supposedly turned down a $100M offer from Miami.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies