Ds: What you be willing to trade for the following changes in the '08 election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ds: What you be willing to trade for the following changes in the '08 election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Proposition 8 defeated in CA, Jim Inhofe defeated in Oklahoma
Coleman defeats Franken in Minnesota

Hillary Clinton elected President

Obama/Giuliani ticket elected

Clinton/Giuliani ticket elected

Rudy Giuliani elected President

John McCain elected President

Mike Huckabee elected President

McCain/Palin win, McCain dies before electoral college meeting and Palin elected President

None of the above would be an acceptable trade.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Ds: What you be willing to trade for the following changes in the '08 election?  (Read 1483 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 09, 2012, 01:02:35 AM »

I'm fairly amazed that folks would trade such minor political gain for denying 37,600,000 Californians their civil rights, even if they were "only" denied their civil rights for ... what, over 3 years and counting?

Really, what the eff would it matter, for example, if Giuliani was elected Vice President, a position whose occupant traditionally does nothing but do goofy things and get made fun of by late-night comedians for it?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »

The people saying that prop 8 was overturned are aware that it's still in effect, yes?

And there's absolutely no guarantee that it'll be overturned for good any time soon.

I'm fairly amazed that folks would trade such minor political gain for denying 37,600,000 Californians their civil rights, even if they were "only" denied their civil rights for ... what, over 3 years and counting?

Really, what the eff would it matter, for example, if Giuliani was elected Vice President, a position whose occupant traditionally does nothing but do goofy things and get made fun of by late-night comedians for it?

Fair point. It occured to me that Giuliani as Vice-President (what a bizarre option!) wouldn't make any real difference, but this being a wormyguy poll I expect he's going to say something like "oh and also Obama resigns on inaugauration day" as soon as the poll closes.

In line with his usual polls, which generally take a format like this -

Would you support [reasonable-sounding policy]?

[poll ends]

...BECAUSE SO DID HITLER!!!

I know it's a gotcha poll, but gotcha polls are best to be ignored. Instead, you all just walked into this glass window face first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies