who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?
Iran

US/Israel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?  (Read 12348 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »

Iran of course
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »

1. No war.
2. Minimal duration and loss of life.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

It would depend on who the aggressors are in the conflict, though that would be a wee bit hard to discern given how much provocation and saber-rattling has been going on. If it were to begin with Israel deciding to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities however, I would be inclined to side with Iran but remain open to changing my mind depending on what I later learn and how events develop.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »

It would depend on who the aggressors are in the conflict, though that would be a wee bit hard to discern given how much provocation and saber-rattling has been going on.

lol.  Iran is surrounded by dozens of military bases, is threatened daily by the US-Israel Axis with the threat of utter annihilation, has not invaded anyone in hundreds of years... and the question of aggression is "difficult to discern".  the power of propaganda.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »

1. No war.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »

lol.  Iran is surrounded by dozens of military bases, is threatened daily by the US-Israel Axis with the threat of utter annihilation, has not invaded anyone in hundreds of years... and the question of aggression is "difficult to discern".  the power of propaganda.

I already consider Israel and the United States much more aggressive in the region than is Iran,  but when I lack a thorough understanding of a particular issue from lack of adequate experience and research it seems prudent to err toward positions where the supporting rationale is offered up with terms of limited certainty. If I simply come out with a one-sided rant that backs one side or another 100% I am liable to overstep the bounds of my limited knowledge.

I am also aware of the heavily slanted, negative portrayal of Iran in the States, but that does not mean that Iran is blameless, either. The rest of the post you quoted from included my intention to remain flexible on the issue so that as I receive, analyze, and eventually synthesize more facts I won't be tempted to dogmatically cling to my original stance. If you want to laugh about it that is alright, but I am trying to be modest and not overestimate my ability to weigh in on the subject assertively without making a fool of myself. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »

I would support the Iranian people.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »

1. No war.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

America, obviously.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »

This thread further confirms my thesis that Tweed is an HP...

Anyways...US/Israel, of course.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »

He's not the one hypothetically supporting aggressor states in an illegal war, bro.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »

I always will support America, but I will also oppose the war. And I would not at all care what happens to Israel unless they are actually nuked or attacked first.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

I always will support America, but I will also oppose the war. And I would not at all care what happens to Israel unless they are actually nuked or attacked first.

I'm sure they will be thrilled at your sympathy after they've been nuked.

I'd not support the fascist theocracy. I guess that makes me a right-winger.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

I'd not support the fascist theocracy. I guess that makes me a right-winger.
Is Israel anymore free then Iran? I would compare Israel to the Apartheid, South Africa, and Iran to Stalins USSR. I would not support either of them, on a moral basis, despite the fact that Stalins Russia was far more dangerous and evil.

Do we even know if Iran is building nukes? Because they sure were right about Iraq Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »

He's not the one hypothetically supporting aggressor states in an illegal war, bro.

Roll Eyes

Is Israel anymore free then Iran? I would compare Israel to the Apartheid, South Africa, and Iran to Stalins USSR. I would not support either of them, on a moral basis, despite the fact that Stalins Russia was far more dangerous and evil.

Do we even know if Iran is building nukes? Because they sure were right about Iraq Wink

Oh give me a break.  Apartheid Israel?  Soviet Iran?  Can you explain either of those?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »

Oh give me a break.  Apartheid Israel?  Soviet Iran?  Can you explain either of those?
Yes. Iran is a totalitarian dictatorship which fits the Stalinist mold, while Israel is a much more moderate dictatorship that reminds me of Apartheid South Africa. I’m making comparisons.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »

I'd not support the fascist theocracy.

Which one?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »

come on man, I can all but forgive you for your habit of regurgitating neoliberal economic propaganda, as it operates with the compelling guise of scientificity, but on this front.. you should know better.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »

I'm gonna go with the nations that let gay people exist in them and not the theocracy that regularly executes people for things like drug trafficking.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »

Roll Eyes

as for the illegal war claim, US-Israeli aggression against Iran without the support of the UN would clearly be a violation of both the rulings issued at the Nuremberg tribunal as well as the UN Charter.  so either a) the US would be in violation of international law or b) the Nazis tried and executed at Nuremberg were lynched.

this only seems like such a joke to you because the world's leading terror state has repeatedly and flagrantly violated the above in probably dozens of cases in the post-War.

Apartheid Israel is well-documented and not difficult to defend; there is a race-based system of seclusion that not only keeps its victims outside of the upper echelons of society, but moreover, without the essentials of life (food, water, electricity) in many cases and does so through militarization.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »

I'm gonna go with the nations that let gay people exist in them and not the theocracy that regularly executes people for things like drug trafficking.

as if this is the issue at hand here.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

Hmm, the country which last started a war in 1826, or the one which last started one at earliest 1982 (depending on your definition of "started a war"), that one being an intervention in support of self-proclaimed fascists whom they assisted and directed in the murder of thousands of civilians, while they were simultaneously selling nuclear material and ballistic missiles to Apartheid South Africa and selling weapons to Northern Irish Protestant death squads.

Seriously, Israel is almost cartoonishly evil.  It's an embarassment that the US government is so subservient to them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

Seriously, Israel is almost cartoonishly evil.  It's an embarrassment that the US government is so subservient to them.
Calling Israel the nation "evil" is extreme in my book. I simply believe they are the aggressor, and are no better then any other ally of the USA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies