who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?
Iran

US/Israel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?  (Read 12359 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »

I'm gonna go with the nations that let gay people exist in them and not the theocracy that regularly executes people for things like drug trafficking.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »

No man, didn't you read Lief?  They are the same facist theocracy that Iran is....somehow.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »

Is it too late for a Jewish state in Pomerania?
yes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »

Ahh, I see you are making fun of the people that actually think that way.  My mistake.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »

sh**t, I'd drive him to the police station and feel just fine about it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »

It's one thing to say, "this action by us is wrong and should stop immediately".  There is nothing wrong with that (even if you are wrong).  It's a totally different thing to cheer on the other side or give sh**t to an individual serving in our armed forces.  That is wrong.  You might not be a traitor, but you'd wearing a traitor's uniform and should be treated as such.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:10:10 AM »

Maybe if we were picking on otherwise normal, freedom loving countries you'd have a point, but here in the real world you would be siding with a govt that claims homosexuals don't exist in their country.  You are siding with a govt that regularly hangs people in public for moving drugs.  Yes, the US/Israel do stupid and wrong things, but Iran does stupid and wrong things too.  And regularly more stupid and more wrong things.  If we were threatening Finland you could have the moral high ground while waving the Finnish flag, but we're not threatening Finland.  We are threatening a country that is, by any meassure, substantially worse than we are.  Yes, it may be a low bar, but they are still under it.  To borrow your analogy, you are a Frenchman in 1940 waving a German flag because you think it's stupid and wrong to go to war in the defense of Poland.  Maybe it was stupid and wrong to go to war with Germany to defend Poland, but siding with Germany (or in our case, Iran) is MORE stupid and MORE wrong.

Again, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with going to war with Iran (I'm not FOR attacking Iran, despite what I'm sure you think), but there is something wrong with cheering on our enemies because you disagree with the actions of your own government.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »

Yeah....homophobic, bigoted, racist, misogynist, theocratic, oligarchic, hate filled, fundamentalist...but not militarist.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »

Well, they certainly aren't today, nor where they yesterday, but they could be tomorrow.  Probably won't be.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

Indeed, the Army knows who their golden goose is and it's not the MB.  Sadly, it's the American tax payer.  Anybody with a brain in Egypt knows they wouldn't last a week in a fight with Israel.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:18:52 AM »

Yes, the knee jerk anti-Americanism on this board must make a fellow hater "proud".

Yeah, yeah the US and Israel are the only aggressors here.  Roll Eyes  Keep the blinders on buddy, it's the only way you can stay safe.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »

Yes, the knee jerk anti-Americanism on this board must make a fellow hater "proud".

Yeah, yeah the US and Israel are the only aggressors here.  Roll Eyes  Keep the blinders on buddy, it's the only way you can stay safe.

Would you care to explain how America isn't making the situation worse?
What punishment for Iran do you suggest?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »

Why would anyone support Iran? I understand being opposed to the idea of a war, but if you had to choose, why a repressive dictatorship?

And don't bulls**t me about how the US is a dictatorship, man! because it's a representative democracy, no matter what you may think.
They'd lose cred to the other "internet rebels" if they didn't defend Iran.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies