The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:22:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched...  (Read 6647 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:13:06 AM »
« edited: March 11, 2012, 12:38:03 AM by Politico »

...and there is virtually no way to deny Romney the nomination short of upsets in winner-take-all California, New Jersey and *drum roll* Utah. Good luck with that!

If Romney wins Mississippi, the polar opposite of Romney's home state of Massachusetts, it is time for Santorum and Gingrich to endorse Romney. If they continue this circus, they are only helping the cause of Barack Obama and Co...

Congratulations Winfield!

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »

California is mostly WTA by CD, not WTA statewide.

It's quasi-WTA statewide when you win most every CD Wink

Sorry, folks, but this circus is over even if some people think it's not.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »

You folks are more than welcome to crunch the numbers yourself. Do it. It will upset you even more than my post. This race is almost over, and if Romney wins MS it will probably be the nail in the coffin, especially if he adds AL.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2012, 01:36:56 AM by Politico »

Romney will need to pick a VP to appease the primary voters at the convention.  There are only a few choices with the name recognition to prevent a riot.  

But I think if Romney makes smart moves, he can narrowly win against Obama.

Measuring the drapes, eh? Perhaps, it's time to start thinking about whom would be Santorum's smart choice in order to beat Obama if he wins the nomination.

How? Santorum could beat Romney 60-30 in the South and Midwest for the rest of the contest, and still not win the nomination. It is virtually impossible for Rick Santorum to win the nomination unless Romney collapses in places like California, New Jersey and Utah. Even tonight he only beat Romney by one delegate in Mississippi and nine delegates in Alabama. We will see what happens in Hawaii and America Samoa, but I suspect they will help Romney eat away at those ten delegates Santorum picked up between AL/MS.

End result: Even after tonight, Romney still has twice as many delegates as Santorum.

Anybody who says Santorum can win the nomination needs to crunch the numbers and present their case. I see no way he can even surpass Romney for a plurality, let alone get to 1144.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2012, 05:55:44 AM by Politico »

Folks, Romney won more delegates yesterday than anybody else thanks to big wins in Hawaii and American Samoa. Like Obama (and unlike Hillary) four years ago, Team Romney knows that this is about delegates. And the Romney lead in delegates is insurmountable unless Santorum wins most everywhere from here on out, including New Jersey and Utah. Not just that, Santorum would need to crush, not just beat, Romney in places like Connecticut and Rhode Island (Home of the Winfield).

Folks, this game is over. Santorum is like a team trying to comeback from a 48-24 deficit in the third quarter of a football game. Yeah, you got off to a 3-0 start, but you're down 48-24 now. A comeback is not going to happen...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2012, 07:45:26 PM by Politico »

I do not have the spreadsheet in front of me, but if you put WTA NJ and UT in the Romney column, along with even just half the delegates from CA, he only needs a little over 1/3rd of the remaining delegates to get to 1144. I mean, there is no reason to believe that Santorum is going to suddenly start winning heavily in places like CT, RI, NY, and CA, especially when you factor in Romney's unbeatable edge in finances (who won OH again? Who won MI again? Oh, and who won more delegates yesterday???)

Some of you guys are just being duped by the media into believing this is not a foregone conclusion. They want their high ratings and you are helping them.

It really would take an act of God for Romney to not be the nominee, folks...

Personally, I believe Romney should focus upon Obama, and his campaign should start vetting Gov. Bob McDonnell. The sooner we can roll out the undeniably conservative running mate, the better!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies