The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:46:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Battle Continues, But The Numbers Have Been Crunched...  (Read 6652 times)
BigSkyBob

« on: March 11, 2012, 06:40:52 AM »

California is mostly WTA by CD, not WTA statewide.

It's quasi-WTA statewide when you win most every CD Wink

Sorry, folks, but this circus is over even if some people think it's not.

I see you are reduced to arguing the horse race on Romney's behalf. He can't run on his record, such as Obamacare lite. He can't run on past as a Wall Street insider wheeler-dealer after the bailouts.  And, he can't run on his campaign or stump performance. Who really believes he is a Southerner? "Vote Romney, the fix is on anyway!," is hardly a ringing endorsement of the man. Frankly, to paraphrase Arch Moore's campaign slogan against Jay Rockerfeller: "Make them steal them all, Newt and Rick!"
BigSkyBob

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »

California is mostly WTA by CD, not WTA statewide.

It's practically WTA statewide when you win most every CD Wink

And obviously, if Romney wins most every CD, he'll be the nominee.  I'll defer to the voters of California as to whether they want to do that rather than pre-judge the outcome three months in advance.  Wink

Heaven forbid elections be decided by actual voters rather than wannabe pundits.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

Romney will need to pick a VP to appease the primary voters at the convention.  There are only a few choices with the name recognition to prevent a riot. 

But I think if Romney makes smart moves, he can narrowly win against Obama.

Measuring the drapes, eh? Perhaps, it's time to start thinking about whom would be Santorum's smart choice in order to beat Obama if he wins the nomination.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »

Guys, is my memory malfunctioning?  If I recall, Obama failed to put Hillary away, but superdelegates decided that his plurality was good enough.  If this is the the comparison to suggest Romney has it locked up, it's a bad one.

That is what happened. Winning the majority of elected delegates creates a strong moral case that the superdelegates ought to respect. The democratic superdelegates didn't dare screw over a Black man. I doubt the Republican establishment would have any compunction against screwing over conservatives. At least, make them do their dirty business in the light of day.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »

Folks, Romney won more delegates yesterday than anybody else thanks to big wins in Hawaii and American Samoa. Like Obama (and unlike Hillary) four years ago, Team Romney knows that this is about delegates. And the Romney lead in delegates is insurmountable unless Santorum wins most everywhere from here on out, including New Jersey and Utah. Not just that, Santorum would need to crush, not just beat, Romney in places like Connecticut and Rhode Island (Home of the Winfield).

Folks, this game is over. Santorum is like a team trying to comeback from a 48-24 deficit in the third quarter of a football game. Yeah, you got off to a 3-0 start, but you're down 48-24 now. A comeback is not going to happen...

Except the more apt analogy is that it is halftime, Romney is up 24-20, but, his opponents have gained more yardage, and, the field goal Romney kicked as the first half ended is being reviewed by the officials.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:43 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's Romney or Santorum. There isn't going to be a knight on a white horse here. You heard it here first.

It will really come down to who Romney selects as his VP. 

No, it really comes down to a question of whether, or not, he has enough delegates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies