FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects  (Read 2528 times)
Whacker77

« on: March 12, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

Call me crazy, but I think Kay Bailey Hutchinson would be the best pick to complement Romney.

You're crazy.

The last thing Mitt Romney needs to do is burnish his moderate credentials with base voters by choosing KBH.  At some point, Mitt must win over the base, or he will not unify the party.  KBH is not in step with the majority of the party anymore.

I understand you're making a general election case, but Romney's concern is a base that's weary about his authenticity on conservatism.
Whacker77

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »

I don't think Rubio will be the VP nominee.  Polls indicate he won't make a difference in Florida and he's said a hundred times he will not be the VP choice.  He's only been in office for two years and I don't think Romney wants to run the risk of another Palin.  I'm not comparing the the two, but better to find someone with a longer track record and more known knowns to quote Rumsfled.

I think Romney is already in bad enough shape he must pick someone who guarantees him a state.  Obama already has the Kerry 2004 states locked up and that gives him 246 votes.  If Obama campaigns to be the governor of Florida and wins, he'll win the presidency.  Romney has to win Florida before he does anything else.

I think Jeb Bush is the only person who can guarantee Romney a win in Florida.  Romney might win it with other choices, but he would have to spend time and money to do it.  With Jeb, that money can be spent more effectively in his other must win state, Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies