FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects  (Read 2531 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: March 11, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »

So Marco Rubio is undoubtly the GOP frontrunner for VP. The thing I'm wondering though is that FL has a resign to run law. At first glance, that would seem to make it illegal for Rubio to run for VP unless he resigns from the Senate. Which he isn't going to do.

So what I'm wondering is would there be any way for the eventual GOP nominee to get around this law if he wants to pick Rubio? Since whoever it ultimately is going to want to vet Rubio in spite of this.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »

I just looked it up; the Florida law doesn't apply for federal officeholders.

Thanks plenty. I guess that settles it then.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »

Rubio isn't an attractive choice for any of the Republicans still running.  He has too little experience to be a good fit for Romney, Neither Santorum nor Gingrich need him to shore up the base, and I can see Rubio wanting to be Paul's running mate.

Huntsman was probably the only one of the major candidates for whom Rubio would have warranted serious selection.

I think Romney probably has to pick someone that can energize the ticket. So in that regard, I think Rubio helps. Though I agree that his inexperience is a downside.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies