FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL's Resign to Run Law in regards Rubio's VP prospects  (Read 2527 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
« edited: March 11, 2012, 06:48:53 PM by Strange Things Are Happening to Me »

I'm really unimpressed by Marco Rubio. Florida is only the 220th electoral vote or something, and I don't think he has as broad minority appeal  in general. Best to nominate Bob McDonnell. Won't make a show of himself and lives in what may well be the 270th electoral vote.

From the way it is looking currently, Florida has a better chance of falling into the Republican column than Virginia.

Bob McDonnell is a walking embarrassment and no respectable Republican nominee can pick him now, seeing as he is essentially the poster boy for state governments restricting access to contraception and abortion and forcing women to undergo humiliation in the process.

McDonnell's already got his "VP" label, and it stands for 'Vaginal Prober'.

With that being said, I tend to agree with Rogue on this: Marco Rubio isn't nearly as good-looking in real life as he may be on demographic paper. I don't think there are any real solid choices for the Republican Party for VP in this election: there wasn't four years ago, and everybody on the stage at this point is brand new with virtually zero experience on the national level.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »

I'm really unimpressed by Marco Rubio. Florida is only the 220th electoral vote or something, and I don't think he has as broad minority appeal  in general. Best to nominate Bob McDonnell. Won't make a show of himself and lives in what may well be the 270th electoral vote.

From the way it is looking currently, Florida has a better chance of falling into the Republican column than Virginia.

Bob McDonnell is a walking embarrassment and no respectable Republican nominee can pick him now, seeing as he is essentially the poster boy for state governments restricting access to contraception and abortion and forcing women to undergo humiliation in the process.

McDonnell's already got his "VP" label, and it stands for 'Vaginal Prober'.

With that being said, I tend to agree with Rogue on this: Marco Rubio isn't nearly as good-looking in real life as he may be on demographic paper.
Really? I guess I should pay a little more attention to McDonnell then, because he was being portrayed in my eyes as a boring moderate with high approvals. Also, my point was that Virginia is less likely to go republican than Florida, but they need both, so it's best they get a leg up in the harder one.

McDonnell has a long past with championing pieces of social legislation that seek to restrict women's rights. He wrote a thesis at (was it Pat Robertson's college?) that outlined the need to restrict the rights of "sinners" back in the day and was the original creator of the ultrasound bill (or at least the first draft) many years back.

As far as an aggregate of polls go, Obama is currently up by 4 points in Virginia against Romney, whereas the margin is less than one point in Florida.

Virginia is fastly becoming solidly Democratic and based on some data-sets I ran a couple of weeks ago, may be the fastest-swinging state trending Democratic in the nation. It may not even be a "swing state" in 2012. Florida seems to be a perpetual swing state based on the influx of a wide array of demographics that keep it fairly evenly divided.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »

Call me crazy, but I think Kay Bailey Hutchinson would be the best pick to complement Romney.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »

Virginia is fastly becoming solidly Democratic and based on some data-sets I ran a couple of weeks ago, may be the fastest-swinging state trending Democratic in the nation. It may not even be a "swing state" in 2012. Florida seems to be a perpetual swing state based on the influx of a wide array of demographics that keep it fairly evenly divided.

HA.

HA Ha.

HA Ha HA.

HA HA AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

BBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It doesn't make a damn what you believe; look at the data, trends and demographics. The podunk hillbillies in the western and southern parts of the state are vastly overpowered by NOVA. Even when you leave 2008 out of the scenario, the same result is observable.

But this isn't what the topic is about, so I'm not going to diverge any further.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies