MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:00:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead  (Read 4504 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »

There's a non-Nazi wing of the FPÖ?

Yeah, the protest voters.

You can consider the 15% who voted for Presidential candidate Barbara Rosenkranz in 2010 as the "Nazi wing".

The other 10-15% (the FPÖ currently polls between 25-30%) are protest voters who hate the coalition and would never vote for the Greens either. People like my parents for example.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »

29% think interracial marriage should be illegal.

This country scares me sometimes.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »

We all know what some folks in Mississippi and Alabama are like. But I don't think folks from Italy and Austria, or most anywhere, should be looking down on folks from Missisippi and Alabama, IMHO. Every state has its black mark, I suppose.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »

I would be interested to see the interracial marriage poll in a state outside the Deep South; somewhere like California or Massachusetts. PPP only seems to ask that question in the Deep South.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »

Gingrich leads early voters 38-29-20 (G-R-S). 52% think Obama is a Muslim, 12% Christian, 36% Unsure. 66% do not believe in evolution. 29% think interracial marriage should be illegal.
Why does such a state even exist?

There's a pretty old running joke (probably 50 years old now) that any time a state ranks 49th in the country in something, some local politician sarcastically says that the state should change its motto to "Thank God for Mississippi."  Mississippi's proud tradition in being last in the country in everything makes everywhere else look good by comparison.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »

At least Gingrich winning AL and MS will nominally keep this race going even though Romney's got it wrapped up. I'll take what I can get.

THANK YOU BASED GOD.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

I saw the polls for the Super Tuesday southern states back in 2008. Besides Insider Advantage all the other outfits (including PPP) screwed them pretty badly. I remember they were showing McCain winning comfortably Georgia and Alabama when in reality he lost them to Huckabee.
Can someone explain to me why the Deep South is so difficult to poll?

I would chalk it up to a more fickle mindset when it comes to voters from this area, many of whom change their minds while in the voting booth. There's a divide between how conservatives and progressives pick their candidates and stances; conservatives have a greater tendency to "feel" what they know and their gut may change its mind several times throughout the course of a Republican primary.

I think that the overall trend ("feeling" your way through the process) among conservatives originates from the Deep South's style of choosing candidates and politicians and since the Republican Party's platform is essentially steeped in Deep South politics, it has - to a lesser extent - proliferated the entire conservative dialog.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

Gingrich leads early voters 38-29-20 (G-R-S). 52% think Obama is a Muslim, 12% Christian, 36% Unsure. 66% do not believe in evolution. 29% think interracial marriage should be illegal.

There's a pretty old running joke (probably 50 years old now) that any time a state ranks 49th in the country in something, some local politician sarcastically says that the state should change its motto to "Thank God for Mississippi."  Mississippi's proud tradition in being last in the country in everything makes everywhere else look good by comparison.

Hey, they are #1 in plenty of measures too! Like teen pregnancies and obesity!
ajb
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »

Hey, they are #1 in plenty of measures too! Like teen pregnancies and obesity!

It's only seventh for divorce, mind you. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alaska, Alabama and Kentucky are the top five there.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »

Ironically/hilariously, PPP just tweeted the sample size.

And the polls have been updated.

But you never included the poll question.  So, like I said, wait for the full release to come out.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:55 AM »

I saw the polls for the Super Tuesday southern states back in 2008. Besides Insider Advantage all the other outfits (including PPP) screwed them pretty badly. I remember they were showing McCain winning comfortably Georgia and Alabama when in reality he lost them to Huckabee.
Can someone explain to me why the Deep South is so difficult to poll?

No party registration is the most likely culprit, in that a lot of rural voters still identify as Dems, and might get knocked out of the sample.

That being said, Huckabee was from the South, Newt is, and Santorum isn't.  In case we haven't forgotten.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »

I will laugh so hard if he becomes the ABR again.
Colbert
France

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:13 AM »

even Detroit ?

(ok, detroit's not a state, but...)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »

full release: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_SouthernSwing_312.pdf
(MS starts on page 33)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »

Notes:
-Men are more likely than women to believe Obama is a Christian, that evolution is real, and that interracial marriage should be legal.
-Santorum 40% among 18-45 year old voters, but polls in 3rd among older voters
-Gingrich winning, Romney in 4th place among "very liberal voters", lol
-Tea Parties more likely to believe in evolution?
-Romney has better favorability among evangelicals than non-evangelicals?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies