MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead  (Read 4499 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 12, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

I saw the polls for the Super Tuesday southern states back in 2008. Besides Insider Advantage all the other outfits (including PPP) screwed them pretty badly. I remember they were showing McCain winning comfortably Georgia and Alabama when in reality he lost them to Huckabee.
Can someone explain to me why the Deep South is so difficult to poll?

I would chalk it up to a more fickle mindset when it comes to voters from this area, many of whom change their minds while in the voting booth. There's a divide between how conservatives and progressives pick their candidates and stances; conservatives have a greater tendency to "feel" what they know and their gut may change its mind several times throughout the course of a Republican primary.

I think that the overall trend ("feeling" your way through the process) among conservatives originates from the Deep South's style of choosing candidates and politicians and since the Republican Party's platform is essentially steeped in Deep South politics, it has - to a lesser extent - proliferated the entire conservative dialog.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies