Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dinner Doodle: His Blood - Our Glory  (Read 1925 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »

So, instead of focusing on the wrapper, why don't you save your objections for the content.

Because there are better wrappers for the exact same content.

show me a passage from the bible where anyone, other than the Pharisees, were critiquing in the manner in which you are doing.  Again, you’re straining at a gnat…might as well complain about my churches choice of wallpaper in the bathroom.

---

The content here is core Christian theology.  The Paschal lamb of Moshe was symbolic of the sacrifice that Christ would later make when he died for our sins.  Any objections to be made for the content would not be an objection to a particular interpretation, but to Christianity itself.

So, you admit this Dinner Doodle is only lifting up Christ with a universally accepted message central to Christianity and does not attempt to draw lines of separation…yet you found a problem with it worth criticizing.

---

our church does NOT attempt to cater to those whose paramount concern is being entertained
Judging by the dinner doodles, your church is successful in not catering.

Dude, you’re a goat…you never allow yourself to be shepherded by any church.  That‘s why you have a problem with the NT and think it was written by a group who disposed true Christianity…but your objections in this thread only prove, once again, that you’re not interested in peace, rather, from your point of view, there is always something “wrong”.

I've seen many people like you over the years, drifting from church to church, never able to find one you like because there is always some mole hill you're willing to turn into a mountain.

But, hey, I know my words, logical as they may be, won’t impact you.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »

So, instead of focusing on the wrapper, why don't you save your objections for the content.

Because there are better wrappers for the exact same content.

show me a passage from the bible where anyone, other than the Pharisees, were critiquing in the manner in which you are doing.  Again, you’re straining at a gnat…might as well complain about my churches choice of wallpaper in the bathroom.

If it affected how well your church could convey its chosen message, I might well attempt to offer some constructive criticism of its wallpaper selection.  However, I'm doubtful that bathroom wallpaper would have any effect.  (There's probably people out there who sell wallpaper murals with biblical scenes on it that you could put in a church bathroom and elsewhere, but I doubt if that's what you were referring to.)

As for your attempted comparison of me to the Pharisees, I might point out that the people depicted in the Bible were generally effective in conveying their messages.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »

If it affected how well your church could convey its chosen message, I might well attempt to offer some constructive criticism of its wallpaper selection.  However, I'm doubtful that bathroom wallpaper would have any effect.  (There's probably people out there who sell wallpaper murals with biblical scenes on it that you could put in a church bathroom and elsewhere, but I doubt if that's what you were referring to.)

no, I'm simply referring to you being a big enough ass to find a problem in everything.  If the walls were painted white, you'd say they should be blue.  If they were blue, you'd say they should be red....etc, etc, etc.

Even in this thread, you admitted the message of the Dinner Doodle was 100% basic Christianity with no denominational spin...yet you still came into this thread complaining.

There is NEVER a good word out of your mouth.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »

Actually, I find wood paneling the most attractive wall option.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

It is one of my biggest problems with low-church Protestantism that it has such a lack of regard for the idea of aesthetics and physical beauty as important parts of God's designs and as themselves indicative of a message or an attitude to a message.

Actually, I find wood paneling the most attractive wall option.

QFT.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »

It is one of my biggest problems with low-church Protestantism that it has such a lack of regard for the idea of aesthetics and physical beauty as important parts of God's designs and as themselves indicative of a message or an attitude to a message.

To a degree that is because of Calvinist predestinationism, tho I can't say if that applies to jm or not.  Since predestinationism holds that those destined to be saved will be saved, for those who believe in predestinationism, aesthetics are not particularly important.  What will be will be because God has willed it to be that way.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »

To a degree that is because of Calvinist predestinationism, tho I can't say if that applies to jm or not.  Since predestinationism holds that those destined to be saved will be saved, for those who believe in predestinationism, aesthetics are not particularly important.  What will be will be because God has willed it to be that way.

Oh, I know why it is, but it still strikes me as a threadbare excuse for not caring about making one's environment or accoutrements presentable.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies