The Good Old Days by Reaganfan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Old Days by Reaganfan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Old Days by Reaganfan  (Read 4037 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »

Reaganfan- I find your post to be very well written and I agree that thre are many differences between now and hte past... the 50s were much simpler and over all happier. I also agree that it should not be taboo to talk about the 50s in that way- of course no one wishes blacks to be segregated. There is nothing wrong with wanting to return America to the attitude of hope that defined th time I grew up but remember that there was also fear... constant duck and cover drills in grade school including wearing a dog tag so our bodies could be identified. People forget how awfully frightening Sputnik was... to think the Russians had control over space- UFOs doing bidding for our enemy... also don't forget how my mother and her mother saw Elvis Presley the way folks my age see Lady GaGa!
My point is this- it is just fine to remember the good aspects of the past but do not forget that there were challenges then too and even though it may seem that today's challenges are worse- we still love our country and our country will pull through as she always does...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies