Environmental Policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Environmental Policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Environmental Policy  (Read 1594 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: March 14, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »

I agree with pretty much every aspect of your criticism of Derek's proposals, but how familiar are you with the fate of the passenger pigeon and nearly of the buffalo? These used to be extremely, extremely common, definitely more so than deer are, perhaps more so than deer ever were.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »

I hate to be boring but I mostly agree with Jake's, with the exceptions that I don't have a problem with your statement on hunting laws and that while Earth Day is indeed pretty pointless I really don't see how it's any worse than anodyne. Your attribution of malicious intent to the nations of Europe and the American left seems particularly unfounded.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »

I hate to be boring but I mostly agree with Jake's, with the exceptions that I don't have a problem with your statement on hunting laws and that while Earth Day is indeed pretty pointless I really don't see how it's any worse than anodyne. Your attribution of malicious intent to the nations of Europe and the American left seems particularly unfounded.

I look at everything the U.N. does in relation the the U.S. to back up what they want for our country. Earth Day shouldn't be cancelled or anything, but I was more than less making a statement that we should do something rather than celebrate. What do you think should be done about greenhouse gases and mercury clean up if you don't mind me asking? Or hydrogen powered cars?

Oh, no, those are issues I agree with you on, though I'm a bit more in favor of a straight-up carbon tax than cap-and-trade simply because cap-and-trade would be, or seems like it would be, harder to administer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies