Who would win contested convention? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:56:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would win contested convention? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would win contested convention?
Romney

Santorum

Gingrich

Paul

Dark Horse (Palin, Bush, Christie, Paul, Daniels, etc.)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Who would win contested convention?  (Read 5725 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »

I can't imagine a circumstance where the Republican Party has the balls to deprive the plurality winner of the nomination, especially when I'm sure the media would turn it into 10X the news story necessary. People would be riled up by the media implanting the idea of some sort of injustice or false nominee that they would foam at the mouth over.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »

Ah but 2008 was a one on one race, which mucks it up a lot more. Neither had an outright claim to the lead. In this race it's pretty clear Romney is the front-runner in all respects. In order for the right to lay claim to a split race, one would almost have to endorse the other sooner rather than later. ajb is right that in order to really be considered a legitimate nominee, Santorum will have to do extraordinarily well until the convention. Romney is also right when it comes to his mathematical approach putting him at a massive advantage.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Who was the last successful republican nominee to fail to win a state in the south?

That's very fun and interesting to us speculators, but the results of past nominating contests have absolutely no real bearing on what is happening right now.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Past results indicate that Romney is an extremely weak candidate for the republican nomination. Weaker than McCain, who was by no means a strong candidate.

I'm not getting your point. I don't choose the nominee, you don't need to campaign against Romney to me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies