Am I Loony Left?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Am I Loony Left?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Am I Loony Left?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Am I Loony Left?  (Read 3172 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »

Time to ignore the asshole.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 04:00:30 PM »

Time to ignore the [JFRAUD's tratitionally tasteless comment revealing his ignorance once again deleted].

The people here have been ignoring jFRAUD for months now, as can be seen by the number of Democrats who disagree with his tagline that Ohio was stolen.  Actually, it would probably be welcome by the Democratic Party if the jFRAUD types would be ignored.  He's giving them a bad name.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 04:08:06 PM »

What is FR? I know DU is Democratic Underground, but I saw Sam refer to FR, what does it stand for?
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

I don't mean to be rude but you asked the question. Yes you are in the looney left, not because you dislike Nader but because your philiosphy is much the same as his. Also with your support of communism, it would be hard to avoid the looney label.

It's possible to support an extreme concept without being insane.

You cannot point to a single communist country anywhere in the world which has achieved the level of freedom and prosperity which our capitalist society has given us. With communism you see suppression of human rights, and universal poverty. The history of communism is the history of dismal failure. And yet people continue to support communism. Sounds looney to me.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 05:23:26 PM »

What is FR? I know DU is Democratic Underground, but I saw Sam refer to FR, what does it stand for?

FR is Free Republic.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2005, 05:23:53 PM »

FR is Free Republic.

Thanks.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »

I voted yes.  I'm not sure loony is the right word to describe you personally, but your political views fall within the confines of what is generally considered loony left.

The fact that you hang around with the DU is a strong indication.  If you were really a moderate, that vile group would have banned you by now.

You appear to be part of a new and upcoming group of left-wingers, who have few principles and whose opinions are not really opinions at all, but simply manifestations of a particular attitude.  This type of "liberal" is coarse, impervious to basic facts, and contemptuous, even hateful, to those who don't share his/her views, and has a negative and sour view of the world in general.

You have said that you would have supported FDR's court packing plan because you agree with the aim of using the courts to subvert self-government, basically.  You say you support the methods the DU uses to repress opinions it does not like because you support their ideas.  You would clearly support some type of left-wing dictatorship over the present administration.

You seem not to believe in self-government, and have an overall negative view of American society and American ideals.  I wonder what our society did to you to make you so hostile to it, and so lacking in appreciation for the freedoms and benefits that it brings, relative to what most people in the world have.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2005, 09:30:07 PM »

1-you said FDR was one of your favorite presidents, so stop bashing him
2- the purpse of DU is to provide a forum for extreme left wingers. If they allowed non-extreme left wingers on the forum, it would lose it purpose. If I want to converse with right wingers, moderates, or Naderite or Green Party idiots, I can go to other forums. DU is not the forum for that.
3-I hate parts of American society, such as suburbs and private schools. However they are not all of American society. Inner cities and public schools are as well. I'd hardly say you hate American society for hating inner cities which have far more culture to them than any suburb.
4-I think I've already established I'm quite happy I live in a country where violent video games can't be banned and I can get free condoms distributed to me.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2005, 09:33:39 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2005, 09:38:23 PM by dazzleman »

1-you said FDR was one of your favorite presidents, so stop bashing him
2- the purpse of DU is to provide a forum for extreme left wingers. If they allowed non-extreme left wingers on the forum, it would lose it purpose. If I want to converse with right wingers, moderates, or Naderite or Green Party idiots, I can go to other forums. DU is not the forum for that.
3-I hate parts of American society, such as suburbs and private schools. However they are not all of American society. Inner cities and public schools are as well. I'd hardly say you hate American society for hating inner cities which have far more culture to them than any suburb.
4-I think I've already established I'm quite happy I live in a country where violent video games can't be banned and I can get free condoms distributed to me.

It says a lot that the main positive thing you say relates to violent video games and free condoms.

It's typical of left-wing DU types to go around screaming about their rights, but then shut down anybody who disagrees with them.  That way of doing business is not limited to discussion groups for those people.

I said I liked FDR for standing up to the Nazis when many were unwilling.  That doesn't mean I can't criticize his court-packing plan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2005, 09:36:30 PM »

OK, more things I like about the US:

1-we have less estrictions on abortion than almost any other nation in the world
2-no school uniforms in public schools
3-no draft
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2005, 11:21:48 PM »

3-I hate parts of American society, such as suburbs and private schools.   

Why hate suburbs and private schools? You can choose not to live in suburbs or attend private schools, but why the hate? That adds to the looney image.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 12:31:14 AM »

I choose not to live in or attend those places because I hate them. Similarly I don't drink brandy because I hate it. I don't watch soap operas because I hate them. I don't listen to rap because I hate it. etc. etc.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 01:53:32 PM »

I choose not to live in or attend those places because I hate them. Similarly I don't drink brandy because I hate it. I don't watch soap operas because I hate them. I don't listen to rap because I hate it. etc. etc.

OK I have to agree with you on soap operas and rap music. LOL. But it seems to me that those things actively attack your brain even if you don't want them to. Soap operas can get you in a waiting room when one is playing on the TV and you have no means of escape. Rap music can get you in your car when someone pulls along side with the radio turned fully up. In that respect those things warrant hate. But suburbs and private schools are more passive. They would only bother you if you go to them, which you don't have to do.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 02:43:43 PM »

Why hate suburbs and private schools? You can choose not to live in suburbs or attend private schools, but why the hate? That adds to the looney image.

Actually the thing to hate about suburbs is that they are heavily subsidized by government, mostly through infrastructure spending.  In addition zoning laws make them an unfortunate inevitability.  They really aren't the market response to demand you might imagine them to be - they're more of a mandated State program.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 02:52:34 PM »

Nader is hardline anti-union. Al is not. He's the biggest hypcorite for dealing with Halliburton and then whining about the Democrats in this case.

also when I post on DU I am much more similar to jfern and bandit than I post on here.

That's too bad.  jfern and bandit are certainly "loony" and grade A idiots also.

Actually Bandit had occasional bursts of sanity.

He actually supported the right to keep and bear arms, and he thoroughly dealt with Migrendel when migrendel advocated child molesting.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 05:31:04 PM »

Actually the thing to hate about suburbs is that they are heavily subsidized by government, mostly through infrastructure spending.  In addition zoning laws make them an unfortunate inevitability.  They really aren't the market response to demand you might imagine them to be - they're more of a mandated State program.

How are suburbs subsidized? There is road repair which is funded by tax dollars but they are no more subsidized  than the urban areas as far as I know.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies