Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:18:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft  (Read 5431 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: March 17, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »

This reminds me of when in 2007 Romney, while supporting the war in Iraq in his campaign for president, he explained why none of his sons were in the military, saying: "One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

I do think there is an interesting contrast here between Obama's protesting at Harvard and Romney's protesting at Stanford. Obama supported a professor who was fighting the school administration (for more diversity), while Romney was protesting in support of his school's administration (who were clamping down on anti-war protesters).

One was fighting the system for change, the other for the establishment and the status quo.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »

I do hope someone asks Romney about this. I think it is a legit issue about why he protested in support for the draft while he sought deferments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies