Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:26:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race  (Read 8912 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

Also, These guys are yanking my chain with claims of a close gubernatorial race and no polls to back it up.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »

If this race is legitimately close, I will legitimately find the biggest hat in the state and eat it.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »

If this race is legitimately close, I will legitimately find the biggest hat in the state and eat it.

If Cooke gets beyond 40%, I will seriously be leaping for joy. Part of the problem is that there's more Democrats than you'd expect, and a sizable (if still small) number of independents who would gladly take a Governor other than Herbert. Only problem is, Cooke hasn't had much media exposure, and that in turn has led to less polling in this state then there should be, which in turn leads to less interest in the race by the media and independents, which leads to less media exposure etc etc etc. Like I said before, it's a vicious cycle, aggravated by the fact that most of the Utah-based media and outside-state pollsters believe that only the Republican side of things is worth covering.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies