Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:09:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race  (Read 8946 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: April 28, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »

With 65-27 poll and in Utah - i still heavily doubt... Though i would like to be proven wrong...

Well, it's still over 5 and a half months until the November elections, so I think any polls this far out are not useful. Plus, Cooke is barely known at this point, and it was a newspaper poll on top of all that.

I'm thinking (hoping, really) that it'll end up 51-49 (or at least 49.6 to 49.4 or whatever), with Peter Cooke becoming Governor.

Well, if it helps any, you have the support and enthusiasm of your immediate neighbor. I would donate if I had any money to speak of. Tongue

Do you have 5 bucks? Donate that much. Tongue

No, seriously, if you've got any Utah relatives or friends, it'd be nice if you could tell them about Cooke. I understand that it's a longshot, but it'd be really nice if I didn't have to hear the old cliche of "Only Republicans win in Utah" again.

Matheson has already disproven that cliche

Yes, and you [pioneer] want him to lose =/
Matherson is the only democrat who can win some statewide election in the next 4-12 years... I hope I'm wrong, but I'm from a place (Madrid) which is not likely to vote for the left, either. So, I understand your hope.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »

Well, it's not that I want Matheson to lose, it's that I don't like him and don't care if he wins or loses. If he wins, fine, maybe he'll vote 5% of what I'd like, since he's in an even more conservative district this time. If he loses, fine, it teaches the Utah Democrats that we can't rely on Matheson to be the Utah Democratic standard bearer, and it gives Utah a diverse Congresswomen who, though ideologically opposed to what I like, has done moderate things in the past (Mia Love raised taxes a couple of times as mayor, and has stayed mostly quiet on social issues). It's not like she'll be anything but a Tea Party puppet, but at least she'll probably come to her senses occasionally, with that record.

I still think Peter Cooke is going to win (or have a good chance of doing so) this year though.

If you want liberal democrats representing you, move to California. Utah may be a great state, too, but the best you can have is Jim Matherson. I know it's tough, but moderates and liberals CAN'T win there. I don't know how old are you, but you'd better move to a state which fits you politically speaking if you want your candidate to win someday...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »

So, even you recognize the election won't be exciting. That means Hebert may win +60% Cry
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies