Another omen? Santorum party tomorrow is in PA.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Another omen? Santorum party tomorrow is in PA.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another omen? Santorum party tomorrow is in PA.  (Read 824 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »

The primary is in the Land of Lincoln but the party is going to be in Gettysburg, PA tomorrow night. Last time he had an out of state party, I thought it was a bad sign. He went on to win AL and MS.

By the way, his party is at "1 Lincoln Square."
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

I was thinking he'd have it in Puerto Rico.  Maybe trick Romney to follow him there again.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »

Nice symbolism with the location. I don't think any IL voters actually care where his election after-party will be held, but I guess it does give him a few brownie points in PA. This is just Santorum signalling that no matter how horrible the results from Illinois, he's still in the race for the long haul.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »

Santorum party...lol
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

It isn't that people care about where the party is held. They don't. But the campaigns would rather be elsewhere if they think they're going to lose and play up the idea that the contest didn't matter as much to them.

I'll agree with the point that this is more of a sign of defiance from Santorum. The race goes on...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »

It will be nice to see a warm welcome for Rick on home turf, too. I'm sure I'll see some friends in the crowd there. Wish I could be especially since I'll be busy with another race on PA's primary night. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »

Ain't no party like a Santorum party cuz a Santorum party is very difficult to clean up.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:27:55 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2012, 12:54:36 AM by SANTORUM TO DEMS: VOTE FOR ME. YOU KNOW OBAMA WILL CRUSH ME. »

Of course Santorum does not want to be in Illinois where he will be receiving an absolute thumping, and he obviously knows it because he has abandoned it for PA.

He'd better be spending a lot of time in Pennsylvania, because that is the only state he will be winning the night of those primaries.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 12:36:21 AM »

Of course Santorum does not want to be in Illinois where he will be receiving an absolute thumping, and he obviously knows it because he has abandoned it for PA.

He'd better be spending a lot of time in Pennsylvania, because that is the only state he will be winning the night of the those primaries.

According to Keystone Phil Santorum could win RI. Absurd in theory, but it could depend on whether or not RI republicans are more Catholic or Protestant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:37:54 AM »

He'd better be spending a lot of time in Pennsylvania, because that is the only state he will be winning the night of the those primaries.

According to Keystone Phil Santorum could win RI. Absurd in theory, but it could depend on whether or not RI republicans are more Catholic or Protestant.

Uh...only absurd "in theory" because it's in New England. However, the Republicans there are more working class. Not exactly the New England base Mitt has been relying on.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies