For our religiously conservative brethren.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  For our religiously conservative brethren.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For our religiously conservative brethren....  (Read 9522 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 08, 2012, 03:07:16 AM »

I don't want to be the kind of dick that posts such vague, judgmental crap as this, but:  Nearly all posts on the last few pages are extremely disappointing and beneath the people who are posting them.  There's just so much reductionism and equivocation it's ridiculous.  I think it would be better if we agreed to burn this thread and pretend it never happened.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »

I definitely don't think homosexuality is a choice, however, it is equally absurd to think it is caused by a gene, because I'm pretty sure a "gay" gene would die out rather quickly.

I don't buy the argument that homosexuality is entirely genetic, but this logic doesn't really track -- there are plenty of fatal genetic diseases that survive in the genepool.  Even if homosexuality were relegated to one gene, things would be a lot more complicated than just "gay gene->automatically gay->no reproduction."  Each of those stages is inaccurate.  And, even if homosexuality is purely genetic, it would be unlikely to involve only one gene, making your claim against homosexuality being purely genetic even weaker.  (Again, I don't think it is purely genetic; my point is just about genetics.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies