MA-PPP: Warren leads by 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:03:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA-PPP: Warren leads by 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MA-PPP: Warren leads by 5  (Read 3139 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »

Key finding: among voters undecided in the senate race, Obama leads Romney 66-15.

Yeah, there's just no way that I can realistically see Brown winning in November.
How is that? He won just a couple of years ago. And I don't watch this board as closely as lots of people do, but he's been leading every other poll I've seen lately? I'd say he's favored.

Demographics tend to be more accurate than polls, especially this far out.
How is this a question of demographics? 

Partisan demographics are demographics too.
Hasn't changed that much since 2009 has it? Or do you mean differences in turnout?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »

Key finding: among voters undecided in the senate race, Obama leads Romney 66-15.

Yeah, there's just no way that I can realistically see Brown winning in November.
How is that? He won just a couple of years ago. And I don't watch this board as closely as lots of people do, but he's been leading every other poll I've seen lately? I'd say he's favored.

Demographics tend to be more accurate than polls, especially this far out.
How is this a question of demographics? 

Partisan demographics are demographics too.
Hasn't changed that much since 2009 has it? Or do you mean differences in turnout?

Presumably he's anticipating turnout in certain Democratic areas such as the Merrimack Valley and South Coast to be higher than it was in early 2010, which I think is reasonable.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 11:36:25 PM »

In Massachusetts, Dem turnout in a presidential election should be > Dem turnout in a non-presidential election SB > Dem turnout in a special election which is what Brown won.  Expect 800,000+ more voters from predominately Democratic urban areas in 2012.  Obama's going to win MA by 20-25% and possibly more, the Dems are going to win all 10 CDs barring an unforeseen upset, and it's tough to see enough vote-splitting for Brown to win especially since Warren is a better candidate than Moakley from what I've seen so far.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »

Yep, Brown needs tons of ticket-splitting to win. Turnout in the special election was very high but he still got about the same absolute number of votes as McCain got a year earlier when he lost by a big margin to Obama. There aren't a lot of people who didn't vote for Brown in that election who are going to vote for him this time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies