Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?  (Read 13348 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2004, 07:03:51 PM »

Nice CT.  You've managed now not only to insult those of us from the South, but now you've insulted those who are on this board from other countries.  Gustaf, Realpolitik, and others have more knowledge of American politics in their little finger than you have in that arrogant little brain of yours.

Oh please, while I agree the foreign liberlas are far more intelligent than trash such as you, they aren't that educated, at least not yet.  

really?

I could see how he may precieve that to be true, foreigners involved on this thread likely have a good general knowledge in American politics. Some people are completely ignorant of their own nation's politics. But I doubt that that reflects anyone here. Most (Minus the JC Party) are well informed people, whether American or not.

Siege40
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2004, 07:15:57 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 07:20:57 PM by The Vorlon »

Pardon my "french" here, but the notion that somehow we should ban foreigners from political discussion here is about as intollerant a ^&&^%%^$%$ing idea as I have ever heard.

Last time a checked the First Amendment, and a few other ideas I generally am rather fond of, held to the believe that an open discussion of all the fact led to a better democracy.

Ok.. call me a crazy Libertarian....

An argument stands or falls on the merits of the argument.

Gustaff (an excellent member of this community! - Go Gustaff!!)  and Seige make their  points, sometimes I agree, sometimes I do not, but regardless of the argument coming from Sweden, Latvia, or Mars, the argument carries the weight it deserves.. origin is irrelavant.

I rather enjoy the European perspective actually, it serves to remind me how important Jefferson's warning about limiting the size of government were!
CTguy

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2004, 07:41:02 PM »

The constitution doesn't apply to foreigners.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2004, 07:43:44 PM »

Bush invaded Iraq to bring them your Constitution, we ask for it without war and get yelled at, how disappointing.

Siege40
CTguy

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2004, 07:45:34 PM »

Until you pay taxes to the US Gov. I ain't giving foreigners sh*t.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2004, 08:23:42 PM »

You are giving Connecticut Dems a bad name.
CTguy

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2004, 08:25:56 PM »

You give Texas a bad name.  Oh wait Texas is already the toilet of this country.
DarthKosh

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2004, 08:26:05 PM »

Until you pay taxes to the US Gov. I ain't giving foreigners sh*t.

What an elitist.
zachman

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2004, 08:53:56 PM »

CTGuy, you are doing us no good. I'll vote in the thread above to remove you from the Democratic Party. Please watch your language.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2004, 03:23:53 PM »

Pardon my "french" here, but the notion that somehow we should ban foreigners from political discussion here is about as intollerant a ^&&^%%^$%$ing idea as I have ever heard.

Last time a checked the First Amendment, and a few other ideas I generally am rather fond of, held to the believe that an open discussion of all the fact led to a better democracy.

Gustaff (an excellent member of this community! - Go Gustaff!!)  and Seige make their  points, sometimes I agree, sometimes I do not, but regardless of the argument coming from Sweden, Latvia, or Mars, the argument carries the weight it deserves.. origin is irrelavant.

I rather enjoy the European perspective actually, it serves to remind me how important Jefferson's warning about limiting the size of government were!

Thanks. Smiley I have to ask why you consistently spell my name with a double 'ff' though? Just curious... Wink

I don't know if it makes much of a difference if I join in the general praise for your poll posts, but I will now anyway. Smiley

And we do have a problem of government influence...my dad was ranting about the fact that we're not allowed to have fires in our own backyards today...not exactly land of the free I guess. Sad
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2004, 01:14:33 PM »

Thanks. Smiley I have to ask why you consistently spell my name with a double 'ff' though? Just curious... Wink

I don't know if it makes much of a difference if I join in the general praise for your poll posts, but I will now anyway. Smiley

And we do have a problem of government influence...my dad was ranting about the fact that we're not allowed to have fires in our own backyards today...not exactly land of the free I guess. Sad

I can't have a fire in my backyard either, and I do live in the "land of the free".
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2004, 01:21:44 PM »

My state should be interesting. I think it is going to go Kerry, but it will  be close. Both candidates will certainly make a big effort. Since Delaware and New Jersey residents receive Philadelphia channels, it will be interesting to see if the ads effect the outcome there.

It's going to be close!  Poltiical ads are all over the place for PA-13 Congress.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2004, 03:27:13 PM »

So, what if Bush shifts Cheney to an advisor position ("health reasons") for the convention and went with Specter?  Would that lock up the election for him?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2004, 03:28:53 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2004, 03:29:05 PM by Beet »

So, what if Bush shifts Cheney to an advisor position ("health reasons") for the convention and went with Specter?  Would that lock up the election for him?

That would look pretty bad though... the President ditching his VP... its just a sign of weakness, voters don't like it. Also, Specter is incredibly moderate... it might just weaken Bush's base more than it helps him.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2004, 03:29:33 PM »

I support Specter for the Senate but I would NOT want him as a VP choice!!!!
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2004, 04:42:34 PM »

Drop Cheney and the likely choices would be either Gov Bill Owens (R-CO) or Bill Frist (R-TN) both would not alienate the base and would strengthen the likleyhood of an easy sucession in 2008 without the need for a bloody primary battle... having said that Owens has marridge problems and Frist...well...he killed cats but generally either would have a better effect nationwide than Cheney ever could, Cheney was a good "choice" back in 2000 but Bush should no longer need him, at least electorally... but who can say what Bush needs Cheney for these days, proably as an adviser more than anything...          
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:41 PM »

Drop Cheney and the likely choices would be either Gov Bill Owens (R-CO) or Bill Frist (R-TN) both would not alienate the base and would strengthen the likleyhood of an easy sucession in 2008 without the need for a bloody primary battle... having said that Owens has marridge problems and Frist...well...he killed cats but generally either would have a better effect nationwide than Cheney ever could, Cheney was a good "choice" back in 2000 but Bush should no longer need him, at least electorally... but who can say what Bush needs Cheney for these days, proably as an adviser more than anything...          

Bush-Cheney 2004.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2004, 06:09:45 PM »

You give Texas a bad name.  Oh wait Texas is already the toilet of this country.

I hate to laugh, but that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  On another note, how is it that every time I go to any thread CTGuy has just pissed someone off?
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2004, 06:11:49 PM »

or a brain.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2004, 06:13:37 PM »

I hate to laugh, but that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  On another note, how is it that every time I go to any thread CTGuy has just pissed someone off?

CTguy no longer exists Ian.  Long story.  Imagine Dave Liep is the annihilation operator, and CTguy is a complex wavefunction representing an extremely high-energy electron.  Poof.  gone.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »

or a brain.

Have you heard of the book called "Bush's Brain" ? It must be very short. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies