Best Supreme Court justice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Best Supreme Court justice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which US Supreme Court jutice has the best legal mind?
Scalia

Ginsburg

Kagan

Roberts

Thomas

Sotomayor

Kennedy

Breyer

Alito

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Best Supreme Court justice  (Read 10421 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 25, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »

I'd readily vote Scalia for "most overrated".

I actually tend to agree with that. He's good (I know you think he's not), but not that good (he pretends that all you need rather than love is original intent, and the answer to everything just pops up, and that dog just won't hunt sometimes). Roberts I think is the man. I am surprised about all the Ginsburg love around here. Where did that come from?  I mean, she is a nice lady and all, but a brilliant legal mind?  Really?  The lady who mentioned Social Security and tossed it out as a life preserver for the solicitor general, when Clements was cutting him to pieces on the cross subsidy issue vis a vis the mandate thing and the futile search for a clear limiting principle?  I don't think so.

By the way, speaking of Ginsburg,  it is Scalia and Ginsburg who are best buds in fact. They go to the opera together a lot. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies