NHS bill passes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  NHS bill passes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NHS bill passes  (Read 3301 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »

Oh, Labour have pledged to repeal the bill should they win the next election, if it matters to anyone.

They also pledged to renationalize the railways if they won the 1997 election. Their promises aren't worth the paper they're written on, and I say that as a Labour member.

That's the most depressing thing. I wouldn't mind the Tories having their day out, privatising everything in sight etc if I thought it'd ever get reversed. I seen an interview yesterday where Miliband was asked about what he thought regarding the proposals for the roads, and he said "he'd have to look at the details", and didn't think it was the best thing for the moment whilst families are squeezed or some such, begging the question: are they to be simply opposed (in the most milquetoast fashion possible) under these bleak conditions?

There's more support for nationalising supermarkets than there is for privatising the NHS the last time I looked, and yet here we find ourselves.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2012, 12:12:46 PM by Leftbehind »

I think we can safely call them the most radical reforms since its inception.

What's bizarre is one of the Liberals, even the most right-wing neoliberal sort, raison d'etre is pushing the argument for coalitions and yet have done wonders in utterly discrediting the notion (the idea a majority Tory government wouldn't be doing much the same is fanciful).  

I suppose since we're comparing FDP, the small rump they'll be reduced to could exist as a natural partner to the Tories. Are there many parts of Germany which are solely CDU-FDP battlegrounds? As that's the case at the moment in much of the South of England - it's difficult to believe they're that right-wing down there, but then wonders never cease.  
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2012, 12:46:30 PM by Leftbehind »

A lolbertarian would say that.

The Tories are utterly reliant on the Liberals for anything passing, so it's the Liberals themselves who've opted to slavishly allow everything, rather than the situation. If they'd caused the government to fall over saving the NHS from the Tories forcing a policy on them which they neither campaigned on or had as part of their coalition agreement, they'd hardly be punished for it!

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

Cheesy That's great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies