Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:53:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust?  (Read 5519 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

Who would we be rounding up and gassing?  Mexicans?  I know you were just spitballing, but the idea that the US could or would mirror what the Nazis did is absurd.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »

Who would we be rounding up and gassing?  Mexicans?  I know you were just spitballing, but the idea that the US could or would mirror what the Nazis did is absurd.
We didn't have to use gas to kill 99% of the Native Americans who were here.
Indeed...because we didn't kill 99%...disease killed the vast majority of them...and it was nowhere near 99% anyway.  I'm not even sure where you got that number (possibly your ass?).  But yes, we, for the most part, treated the natives here horribly.  Just like Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, Arabs, and pretty much anybody else that ever moved to a new place in mass.  It doesn't make it right, it's not an excuse, our ancestors did them wrong and we should feel bad for it, remember it and try not to do it again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies