Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust?  (Read 5525 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 21, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

I just want to randomly crap out my opinion that there's too much of an emphasis on Jews, and that the Holocaust was only for Jews, which it wasn't. Appolgies if I sound like an Anti-Semite.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »

I just want to randomly crap out my opinion that there's too much of an emphasis on Jews

Why does this bother you?

Because it's a disservice to the non-Jews who were gassed/baked/starved/burned/worked to death.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »

Because it's a disservice to the non-Jews who were gassed/baked/starved/burned/worked to death.

How, exactly, does giving a significant degree of attention to the Jewish victims of Nazism do a 'disservice' to the non-Jewish victims of Nazism? Is there only a finite amount of empathy and outrage in the world, or must it be rationed when Jews are the victims? Of course maybe you're just trolling.

Regardless of any more impassioned arguments, the Holocaust has to be seen as a central event of modern history because it brought to a (sudden, utterly violent and utterly complete) end a way of life that stretched back centuries and because it was the most extreme practical implementation of certain ideologies and theories that had become of central importance to the West during the previous century.

People only concentrate on the Jews when they talk about the Holocaust. Many people who were victims in the Holocaust were NOT Jews. They are not acknowledged, because people only concentrate on the Jews, as they had the largest numbers. This is denying the fact that JEWS WERE NOT THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE TO BE IN THE HOLOCAUST.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »

Well, now that I think, it's more "Non-Jewish victems are ignored" than "Jews get all the attention".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies