Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:23:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is undue emphasis given to the Jews killed in the Holocaust?  (Read 5529 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

I agree with Antonio, and would add that the most prejudicial folks tend to be equal-opportunity bigots. That is to say, one identifies with and is staunchly loyal to a perceived in-group, whereas anyone who is "other" becomes subject to suspicion and, at least potentially, a target for him or her to aggress against while feeling self-righteous and perhaps completely justified in doing so.

I do not think the crimes perpetrated against Jews during the Holocaust can truly be overstated enough but would like to see the suffering of more groups brought to the public's attention. It is only a bad thing, in my opinion, when people who live today try to invoke the image of atrocities from long ago to rationalize the perpetuation of new injustices. However, that is another matter altogether, really, and is not at all meant as a jab at the majority of folks in any particular group.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies