Cheesy Grits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:09:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Cheesy Grits
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Ever had cheese on your grits?
Hell yeah!  I'm eatin' some right now.

Nope.  I prefer my grits sans fromage

Grits?!  Dude, that's black people food.

what's a grit?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Cheesy Grits  (Read 2950 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »

Sorry, I ain't a robot.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »

Butter and parmesan today.  I took two of those little parmesan cheese topping condiment packets that come from Pizza Hut, and a huge dollop of butter (about the equivalent of two tablespoons) and added that to 3 cups of the grit porridge as it came off the stove.  To that I added a copious amount of black pepper and some salt.  Not bad.  I'm going to call it Polenta Parmigiano, but we will always know it as Cheesy Grits.  So far, this is the best I've been able to come up with for Cheese Grits.  All other recipes left more than a bit to be desired. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 12:16:40 PM »

Final installment. 

I had a 19-ounce ribeye last night and far too much booze, to celebrate getting rid of all that old junk, so today I'm going to have a meat-free and, if I can stand it, an alcohol-free day.  For lunch I got that can of grits out and noticed that 2/3 of a cup solid remained, so I boiled 8/3 cups of water and added the grits, along with a finely diced jalapeño and some finely diced white onion.  After five minutes of cooking I put it into a big bowl and placed some freshly picked and washed cilantro from my garden.  Mmmmmm.  A bit like putting pico de gallo in the grits, sans tomato and lime.  Then I cut up about 2 ounces of medium cheddar and folded that in till it melted.  I topped it off with some Cholula, for that hint of chipotle.  ("El sabor autentico de la salsa Mexicana.")  That did the trick.  I'd have that again.  Too bad it's all gone.  I don't think I'll buy any more, but in the end I did discover it:  Cheddar, cilantro, onion, chiles, and a dash of chipotle. 

¡Viva las grits!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 12:44:11 PM »

Yesterday's dinner involved two kinds of land mammals, as well as fish, shrimp, and duck eggs, so today I decided to go with an animal product-free lunch.  I really should get my cholesterol level measured.  We had couscous today for lunch.  I had diced mushrooms, onions, serranos, carrots, and tomato in mine, and covered it with a fairly liberal amount of Cholula.  Not bad, but I think I like the grit flavor better.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

I had some grits with cheese sauce at a breakfast bar at Big Boy once.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies