Cheesy Grits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Cheesy Grits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Ever had cheese on your grits?
Hell yeah!  I'm eatin' some right now.

Nope.  I prefer my grits sans fromage

Grits?!  Dude, that's black people food.

what's a grit?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Cheesy Grits  (Read 2993 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

I've had the instant stuff from the grocery store before.  It didn't taste very cheesy at all to me.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »

I've had the instant stuff from the grocery store before.  It didn't taste very cheesy at all to me.

I'm surprised you could find instant cheese grits in your local store.  Here, all I could find was regular grit and instant grit.  I know that there are some regions of the country where white people commonly eat grits, but yours isn't one of them  Neither is mine.  I suppose Hartford has a large enough black population to support a grit industry.  Maybe you can find a wider grit selection in your stores than we can.  The city I live in is 96% non-hispanic white--probably typical of Iowa--and the largest minority here is not black.  (There are far more types of soy sauce in my local market than there are types of grit.)

Ah, I still have 20 of my 24 ounces left.  I may just try cheese grits with some different cheese.  As you might well imagine, supermarkets in the Upper Midwest have many types of cheese on offer.

Nah, the selection here probably wasn't much better.  My store only had the plain stuff and the cheese stuff.  I tried looking for the other flavors that the box listed since the cheese flavor sucked, but I couldn't find any.

I live in probably one of the whitest towns in the country.  But it's fairly rural, if that means anything.  I'm kind of surprised that a state like Iowa wouldn't have a whole lot of grits in store.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

Mmmmmmm... heart attacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length