Will Fehrnstrom be thrown under the bus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Fehrnstrom be thrown under the bus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Fehrnstrom be thrown under the bus?  (Read 1812 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
« edited: March 22, 2012, 10:50:04 PM by Santorum: Change the existing delegate rules. Wah! Wah! Wah! »

?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »

Well, Mitt does like to fire people...
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »

I thought Mitt only fired the people who had good ideas?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »

Yes... as he should be.  He said something incredibly stupid.  Look - every campaign readjusts to prepare for the general election.  It's not new - but the way he said it was politically dumb, so he should be thrown under the bus, because he's an idiot.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »

We have had all this praise that the Romney Team were these crack professionals running a top notch organization from the top down out of Boston. Yet it is been one gaffe, one aid/advisor/consultant bragging to the press about the internal machinations of the campaign and their role in various successes, one strategic mistep, and one tactically ill advised move after another.

Yes, Romney should fire him and he should consider possibly replacing the top level campaign people like Reagan did in 1980. They are screwing him over from within.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »

Yes... as he should be.  He said something incredibly stupid.  Look - every campaign readjusts to prepare for the general election.  It's not new - but the way he said it was politically dumb, so he should be thrown under the bus, because he's an idiot.

The definitive answer.  I completely agree.

On what should have been probably Romney's biggest day of the campaign, coming off a tremendous win in Illinois, winning conservatives to boot, a major, important, and influential endorsement from Jeb Bush, the building momentum in the Romney campaign was palpable, and then this moron goes on national television and with a few stupid words brings it crashing down right on top of Romney's head.

There is absolutely no excuse for any campaign advisor to be making such a blunder, particularly at this critical time in the campaign.

I would like to know what the Romney brass said to Fehrnstrom after this pitiful performance.

The campaign should have sent Madden out to talk with the networks.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »

We have had all this praise that the Romney Team were these crack professionals running a top notch organization from the top down out of Boston. Yet it is been one gaffe, one aid/advisor/consultant bragging to the press about the internal machinations of the campaign and their role in various successes, one strategic mistep, and one tactically ill advised move after another.

Yes, Romney should fire him and he should consider possibly replacing the top level campaign people like Reagan did in 1980. They are screwing him over from within.

You raise some valid points.  Thank you.

This event may act as a wake up call, hey, get this under control.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »

He may have alot info on romney and could right a book or anything if romney tried to  fire him. So no I think he will keep his job.

You make a good point, but if he is kept by the campaign, it will certainly be in a roll where he has no contact with the media in any way, shape, or form.  It will be a completely behind the scenes position.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »

Can you folks at least keep your story straight?

If the person's statement was "idiotic" then dismissing an "idiot" is not "throwing him under the bus." Incompetent employees are terminated all the time. I would hope that a President would fire incompetent employees.

If you don't believe that he should be fired, then you don't really believe what he said was that wrong. That is you agree with the Etch-A-Sketch analogy. If you do, take responsibility for believing it.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 02:29:47 AM »

I should vote for Mitt Romney the man could be more liberal than Obama by 2014! He can etch-a-sketch himself all the way to November. This is just hits the nerve of the fundamental weakness with candidate Romney. Nice to know his senior adviser knows the game plan. He's no quality candidate. 
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »

If it were my campaign I would have dismissed him that day.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

If it were my campaign I would have dismissed him that day.

If it had been my campaign he wouldn't have believed it.

I think the saying is, "The fish rots from the head!"
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »

Maybe tied to the top of the bus rather than under.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

Fehrnstrom isn't getting fired; he's Romney's Gibbs/Alexrod.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »

What Fehernstrom said was absolutely true regarding Romney's utter lack of core convictions beyond it's good to be rich and he wants to be president.

And yes, he should be canned for making such an utterly boneheaded statement.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »

Can you folks at least keep your story straight?

If the person's statement was "idiotic" then dismissing an "idiot" is not "throwing him under the bus." Incompetent employees are terminated all the time. I would hope that a President would fire incompetent employees.

If you don't believe that he should be fired, then you don't really believe what he said was that wrong. That is you agree with the Etch-A-Sketch analogy. If you do, take responsibility for believing it.

I believe that what Fehrnstrom said was completely wrong, not to mention stupid, and that he should be fired.  I have said that.

However, from the perspective of the Romney camaign, there are probably valid reasons why they do not fire him.  If they fired him, then there would be cries of "he was fired because he told the truth" from Romney's detractors.

It's a no win situation. 
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »

Throwing someone under the bus is only done when you need a scapegoat or when it will make things better for you, but in this case it doesn't help. Firing this guy would only extend the life of the story. I suspect we wont see him on TV for a very long time, but not actually firing him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies