"Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"  (Read 5682 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »

This probably won't go over well but if you don't think a lot of people have felt this way, you're wrong - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jxQcOOsCFK5gERryLQ3xwnp5_jGQ?docId=a33f8b9d56e34e48b744e537a70c5fed
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »

I remember following the 2008 republican and democratic races I don't remember any of the front runners being treated as bad as romney, by his own people. Wow and romney says everyone will unite. Really? Your main rival is saying on national tv he rather have obama for a 2nd term. So that says obama is not bad afterall. And your advisor goes on tv saying crazy things in the same week. Obama is one lucky guy. I hope santorum drag this race out because everyday he makes it better.

"Voodoo economics?"
ajb
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:33:19 AM »

I remember following the 2008 republican and democratic races I don't remember any of the front runners being treated as bad as romney, by his own people. Wow and romney says everyone will unite. Really? Your main rival is saying on national tv he rather have obama for a 2nd term. So that says obama is not bad afterall. And your advisor goes on tv saying crazy things in the same week. Obama is one lucky guy. I hope santorum drag this race out because everyday he makes it better.

"Voodoo economics?"
Did Bush the Father suggest that we'd be better off voting for Carter?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Anybody who thinks Rick is dropping out before Pennsylvania... or frankly before Utah, is clearly mistaken. This guy is running a campaign on a shoestring and faith in Jesus... he's in till the convention... which means Newt and Ron are too...

Go get 'em guys!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »

Well, I think a lot of people absolutely hate Obama (though I am not one of them).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »

It's politicians like Santorum who got us into this mess in the first place.

It's time for Rick to be voted off the island. Game over.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

As a Santorum voter, the notion of Obama over Romney is insane. It'd be acting like a spoiled baby not getting their way. A perfect metaphor for the situation is a spoiled child:

"I don't like the color of my book bag"
"Well, you still have to go to school. It's better than having no book bag at all."
"NO...then I'm not going to school! You can't make me!"

It's a very selfish, loathsome and childish response and it makes the party look crazy. Did George Bush bring out a Voodoo doll to rallies? Now I see pictures of Santorum giving a speech while holding an Etch-a-Sketch. It makes him look a little nutty and to appeal to the voters you don't want to look insane.

I hope Santorum wins, I voted for him and it's quite obvious to anyone that the odds are very uphill for him. But to say that we'd take four more years of Obama or that we shouldn't vote is beyond crazy, it'd be an act of lunacy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:30 AM »

LOL!

Romney - four time candidate and Governor - not a politician. I love these people.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »

Bad move Rick-
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »

Santorum's spokeswoman went on to say that he'll support the nominee but thinks voters will feel that voters will see Romney's similarities with Obama as part of the same, not a clear choice for something different.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:16 AM »

Another reason why Santorum needs to bow out, and another reason why he'll have no role in a Romney Administration.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »

That's cute.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »

"Voodoo economics?"
Did Bush the Father suggest that we'd be better off voting for Carter?

Gerald Ford kept harping about how Ronald Reagan couldn't win. He even suggested that he might enter the race to stop Reagan. Functionally, his message was a vote for Reagan was a vote for Carter.

Carter beat Ford, and Reagan beat Carter. Moderates have been sandbagging conservatives for a long time.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »

Problem is, Romney will lose, but not in a McGovernesque fashion the way that Mr. Dick Santorum will. So I think I'll have to go with the guy who dosen't vociferate hate for women and gays.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »

Another reason why Santorum needs to bow out, and another reason why he'll have no role in a Romney Administration.

I suppose he wouldn't have any role in a Paul administration either. Is one more likely than the other?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »

Besides what was already mentioned, the Hillary campaign started the birther and "Obama is a Muslim" chain emails (as well as running one of the most obvious dog-whistle campaigns ever - "I'm the candidate of hard-working white people," "Jesse Jackson did well too," "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position.").  Jerry Brown refused to endorse Clinton in 1992.  Nelson Rockefeller spent his convention speech in 1964 attacking Goldwater.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »

You know what might make this even more hilarious? Santorum still comfortably winning Louisiana. Imagine the headlines: Candidate that says you might as well go with Obama defeats Romney in primary after his gaffe.

I do expect LA to be just a bit closer now though.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »

If the Pubs on this site were representative (they aren't), Obama has this in the bag, because about half or close to it will vote for Obama over Santorum, and maybe a third will vote for Obama over Romney, or not vote, or vote third party. At least if you believe what folks post. Smiley
BigSkyBob

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

It's time for Rick to be voted off the island. Game over.

Wait, it is Romney that rented a death star and targeted conservatives with it.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »

I see the fabrication of quotes continues. Santorum said no such thing. What he said is better characterized as, "Obama is the devil we know. If we nominate a candidate who doesn't offer any real differences from Obama, then he will be seen as the devil we don't know. Most people would vote for the devil they do know over the devil they don't." That does seem to be voter psychology.

The Romney folks here ought to stop whining and learn from the statement. If heaven forbid Romney hangs on to win the nomination, a pearl has been cast before the swine.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »

Nobody is "whining" BSB, and hopefully Santorum's chatter will wrap this mess up a bit sooner than otherwise.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »

If the Pubs on this site were representative (they aren't), Obama has this in the bag, because about half or close to it will vote for Obama over Santorum, and maybe a third will vote for Obama over Romney, or not vote, or vote third party. At least if you believe what folks post. Smiley

You're misinterpreting, I think.  We're always thrashing Willard--he is such a very easy target, after all--but we'll vote for him in November.

Phil,
Santorum just alienated a whole bunch of people.  Don't expect him to help his candidacy with this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:19 PM »

Phil,
Santorum just alienated a whole bunch of people.  Don't expect him to help his candidacy with this.

I said that in my first post. However, if he cruises tomorrow in Louisiana, expect this story to be absolutely nothing. In fact, I haven't seen it get much play today.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »

So when Romney gets nomination how does Rick endorse and walk this back without having his own etchasketch moment?  
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »

Phil,

I said that in my first post. However, if he cruises tomorrow in Louisiana, expect this story to be absolutely nothing. In fact, I haven't seen it get much play today.

Oh I have no doubt the media has been solidly in the bag for Romney during this entire primary.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies