"Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"  (Read 5717 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

As a Santorum voter, the notion of Obama over Romney is insane. It'd be acting like a spoiled baby not getting their way. A perfect metaphor for the situation is a spoiled child:

"I don't like the color of my book bag"
"Well, you still have to go to school. It's better than having no book bag at all."
"NO...then I'm not going to school! You can't make me!"

It's a very selfish, loathsome and childish response and it makes the party look crazy. Did George Bush bring out a Voodoo doll to rallies? Now I see pictures of Santorum giving a speech while holding an Etch-a-Sketch. It makes him look a little nutty and to appeal to the voters you don't want to look insane.

I hope Santorum wins, I voted for him and it's quite obvious to anyone that the odds are very uphill for him. But to say that we'd take four more years of Obama or that we shouldn't vote is beyond crazy, it'd be an act of lunacy.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »

Phil,
Santorum just alienated a whole bunch of people.  Don't expect him to help his candidacy with this.

I said that in my first post. However, if he cruises tomorrow in Louisiana, expect this story to be absolutely nothing. In fact, I haven't seen it get much play today.

Oh I have no doubt the media has been solidly in the bag for Romney during this entire primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies