Pew Research: Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pew Research: Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew Research: Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats  (Read 1932 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: March 23, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »

Right-wingers tend to be wealthy, have moderate-to-high degrees of educational attainment, and when energized be astonishingly anal about easily memorized and deployed numbers and details?! Say it ain't so!!!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »

Right-wingers tend to be wealthy, have moderate-to-high degrees of educational attainment, and when energized be astonishingly anal about easily memorized and deployed numbers and details?! Say it ain't so!!!

Actually as a crude generalization, the Dems have the dumbs and the smarts (aka those elitist insufferable aholes with graduate degrees), and the Pubs have what is in-between. There are just more dumbs than smarts is all. Tongue

Nailed it. Though we should perhaps be saying 'extremely well-educateds' and 'poorly-educateds' rather than 'dumbs' and 'smarts', those terms don't exactly roll off the opeboist tongue quite as well, ne?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »

Actually as a crude generalization, the Dems have the dumbs and the smarts (aka those elitist insufferable aholes with graduate degrees), and the Pubs have what is in-between. There are just more dumbs than smarts is all. Tongue

Nailed it. Though we should perhaps be saying 'extremely well-educateds' and 'poorly-educateds' rather than 'dumbs' and 'smarts', those terms don't exactly roll off the opeboist tongue quite as well, ne?

No, dumbs and smarts are the purest form of opeboisms, and have a certain je ne sais qua that ponderously tying out "well-educated" and "poorly-educated" just don't. I was careful to insert a reference to graduate degrees so that everyone would know what I meant. I didn't want to get near "Beyond the Bell Curve" country right now. I have enough problems. Smiley

Oh, I understand you, Torie, I was just pointing out why we were deciding to use such pure opeboisms for the benefit of any others who might stumble across this thread in their traverse of Atlas Forum this fine spring evening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies