Timeline Ideas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:18:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Timeline Ideas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timeline Ideas?  (Read 889 times)
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

Hey, I abandoned  my last few timelines mainly out of losing interest/not having time/realizing that some of my ideas were overreaching for someone like me (who's new to timeline writing).

I'm looking for advice on what timelines to start (and finish lol). This place seems to have a lot of great and creative minds so hopefully y'all can give me some good ideas and advice Smiley

Also, I'd like to take time to explain why I gave up on my "2020 and onwards timeline." I love to write stories about fake politicians, and such, and I have a set of fake characters that I made up that I use off this forum. However, in that timeline I used characters I never used before, like John Zimmerman and Manuel Scotia. Since I didn't develop the characters in the 2020 timeline previous to writing it, I guess I got lost and couldn't really organize my thoughts in a cohesive way.

So that's my excuse lol Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »

Well, here are some of my general TL comments:

-I think TLs that deal with the future are more interesting than those that try to re-write stuff that happened 40 years ago. For me, if a TL doesn't start in like 1990 or later, its can be hard to follow.

-Don't be very wordy. My TL mostly deals with elections, so I use a lot of pictures. That way, it draws your attention and seems more realistic. I don't like writing paragraphs on paragraphs of stuff...as a TL reader, I would find that boring. So far whatever TL you write, try to incorporate as many pictures, maps, etc. as possible.

- Don't be too specific in your focus; you want to have a broad theme like "Election Night 2012 and on..." That way, you have a lot to work with.

I hope this helps.

Now with that said, I need to go update my TL....
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

Hey! Don't hate on tls that start in 1788! Angry
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »

thanks for the insight guys Smiley
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2012, 03:31:33 PM by politicus »

-I think TLs that deal with the future are more interesting than those that try to re-write stuff that happened 40 years ago. For me, if a TL doesn't start in like 1990 or later, its can be hard to follow.
Contrafactual historical timelines can be quite fun. There is just too many of them dealing with post WW2 stuff.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »

Contrafactual historical timelines can be quite fun. There is just too many of them dealing with post WW2 stuff.

Sorry, thats just my personal opinion.

Some people put a lot of effort into those TLs, but it just isn't my thing, ya know?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »

Some people put a lot of effort into those TLs, but it just isn't my thing, ya know?

I like Ameriwanks that are done tastefully
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »

I like Ameriwanks that are done tastefully
I hate wanks, even the tastefull, realistic ones Tongue

I am a HUGE fan of Drews Fear Loathing and Gumbo.

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150154

I think A Second Chance by Cathcon is in a way similar to this timeline, despite differant formats. Both are great timelines Smiley
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »

Ok, I have a new timeline Idea Cheesy

I'll post the timeline tonight (11PM-12AM EST)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »

What happens in FLG? It's like 50 pages & I never had the patience to read it. I know an LA governor is nominated in '72, & I'm pretty sure Agnew becomes President.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »

What happens in FLG? It's like 50 pages & I never had the patience to read it. I know an LA governor is nominated in '72, & I'm pretty sure Agnew becomes President.
You will have to read to find out Wink Its well worth it, I check every Sunday for an update.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies